Regional Congress Program Manager, MDS
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Regional Congress Program Manager, MDS
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Meetings, MDS
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
Works with the Meetings team under the direction of the MDS Director of Meetings, to manage tasks and activities associated with the MDS Regional Congresses (PAS Congress, ES Summit and AOPMC). This includes scientific program development, faculty management, abstract management as well as projects related to the various MDS Committees associated with these Congresses.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (minimum of 37.5 hours per week):
- Manage Regional Congress Scientific Program Committees and faculty through the Congress database and faculty website. Work with EDI support services to develop database and faculty website; liaise with MDS Director of Education to review and approve faculty agreement forms and CME required information; maintain accurate listing of faculty and session details; manage faculty invitation process and housing arrangements; process faculty stipend and vendor payments; maintain program budgets.
- Oversee development of the AOPMC, ES Summit and PAS Congress Scientific Program. Initiate the Session Suggestions process; compile reports and summaries of collected sessions for review by the MDS Congress Scientific Program Committee (CSPC); assign session development to CSPC Members under the direction of the CSPC Chairs and the MDS Director of Meetings; compile developed sessions for review / approval by various MDS Committees and Leadership.
- Assist MDS Director of Meetings with tasks related the PAS Congress, ES Summit and AOPMC Scientific Program Committees. Maintain communications, timelines, and deliverables with members of the Committee; process reimbursements and maintain budgets for on-site meetings; assist members as needed. Attend the CSPC In-Person meeting for the PAS Congress and assist MDS Director of Meetings with logistical arrangements at the meeting venue as needed.
- Manage all tasks associated with the Regional Congress abstracts. Liaise with abstract management company and initiate contract review and renewal; coordinate with MDS Director of Communications to schedule advertising and marketing strategies; schedule dates/times of all abstract presentations at the Congress; coordinate with MDS Journal publisher for final publication of accepted abstracts; communicate with abstract authors / presenters as needed.
- Assist when needed with logistics and pre-planning of the PAS Congress, ES Summit and AOPMC. Includes attending and working on site at these Congresses each year; session management; poster session management; and other tasks as assigned.
- Assist with special projects and administrative duties associated with Committees and handle other MDS meeting related projects as assigned. Assist other MDS teams as needed.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: 4-5 weeks per year (will include international travel); some evening, early morning and weekend work may be required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills; computer proficiency required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Unrestricted mobility: must be able to walk great distances, move quickly from place to place, and lift and move 50-pound boxes.