Instructional Designer, SITC
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer, SITC
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of Online Education
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) is a non-profit medical professional society of influential scientists, academicians, researchers, clinicians, government representatives, and industry leaders from around the world dedicated to improving cancer patient outcomes by advancing the science and application of cancer immunotherapy. Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of online learning activities for the Society’s membership and the general public, the Instructional Designer works in collaboration with SITC staff and subject matter experts to create and maintain innovative online learning activities involving existing and emerging digital technology. The Instructional Designer applies knowledge of adult learning principles utilizing innovative solutions that meet the Society’s educational needs and works collaboratively with SITC departments and the Senior Manager of Online Education to convert instructor-led trainings to online enduring educational activities.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
- Apply instructional design theories, practice and methods to create adaptive and engaging learning activities with compelling course content.
- Utilize existing and emerging digital technology applications and software to build online courses and educational activities. (e.g., e-learning, gamification, mobile applications, webcasting, virtual/flip classroom, videos, simulations, etc.).
- Work with subject matter experts on educational projects.
- Identify target audience’s needs.
- Establish instructional objectives and curriculum/assessment strategy.
- Develop assessment instruments and criteria to measure learner performance.
- Develop educational content to meet the instructional objectives including supporting material/media (e.g., audio, video, simulations, interactions, etc.).
- Develop online education activities to support the SITC certificate program.
- Work with necessary committees and leaders to design and develop online education activities and courses, such as webinars, slide sets, podcasts and videos.
- Maintain all needed files and systems to track and report on project status and documentation.
- Create or assist in the creation of reports on learning outcomes for online education activities and courses. Collect and analyze data from online learners for outcomes reports.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Manager of Online Education and the Director of Education, determine overall policies, procedures and schedules for online education activities in areas of responsibility.
- With the Development department, provide project information for grant submission, reporting and reconciliation needs.
- With the Senior Manager of Online Education and the Director of Education, ensure online education activities, in areas of responsibility, maintain compliance with any relevant accreditation guidelines and funder requirements through the application of appropriate design, methodology and assessment models (ACCME, ACPE, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education, Curriculum Development, or Healthcare Education. Master’s degree preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Experience with one or more learning management systems and/or adaptive learning software tools.
- Experience using course authoring tools (Articulate, SCORM/xAPI, HTML5, video editing, web conferencing or other multimedia tools) preferred.
- Ability to work independently but also with teams, both internally and externally.
- Familiarity with associations and/or nonprofit organizations a plus.
- Knowledge or experience in healthcare or biology a plus.
- Travel of up to 2 weeks per year
- Some evening and weekend work as needed
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds