Administrative & Project Coordinator, AAEA
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Agricultural & Applied Economics Association
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director, AAEA
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Non-Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: Coordinates details of AAEA programs and administrative activities, with a primary focus on the AAEA Annual Meeting.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (37.5 hours/week):
- Support the AAEA Senior Meetings Manager with Annual Meeting and/or other events
- Register attendees for the Annual Meeting; develop and distribute registration receipts; track waived memberships or registrations; answer all questions (via phone or email) regarding registration; order registration materials such as name badges, lanyards, ribbons, tickets, and envelopes; organize and stuff registration packages; work registration desk onsite; and process onsite registrations post-Meeting.
- Coordinate the abstract submission process for presenters at the annual meeting, set up the system annually, liaise with the Selected Presentations Committee; answer questions from submitters, and work with the AAEA Senior Meetings Manager to schedule final sessions.
- Create the Final Program for the Annual Meeting.
- Liaise with EDI Information & Technology Services Dept. for reports on entry of meeting registrations or changes to meeting registrations.
- Maintain planning timelines and administer scheduled projects.
- Work with the Digital Communications Manager on the development of meeting marketing materials, including the website and a bi-monthly meeting e-newsletter.
- Maintain current and historical meeting information in the office.
- Compile and summarize meeting evaluations.
- Draft letters of invitation and confirmation to speaker, sponsors and program committees.
- Assist with proofreading, filing, writing and coordinating mailing of Annual Meeting program materials (e.g. syllabi, participant materials, collating evaluation results) and other communications with AAEA members and attendees.
- Assist with Annual Meeting awards program, order plaques through chosen vendor; create and print certificates; get certificates signed by appropriate parties; draft and distribute award letters; assist with awards ceremony script; obtain W-9s for those receiving a check; submit check requests for award winners; provide on-site assistance with Ceremony; print and mount on-site awards; mail on-site awards out (along with checks) post-meeting.
- Generate and distribute post meeting invoices and travel grant reimbursements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monthly Allied Association reporting and check requests
- Monitoring of general email inboxes and coordination of timely responses.
- Monitoring of general voicemail inboxes and coordination of timely responses.
- Regular monitoring and duplicate records in the AAEA database. Coordinate corrections with Membership staff.
- Regular monitoring of database integrity reports and coordinating needs updates.
- Daily posting of transaction batches.
- Coordinate distribution of editor checks semi-annually.
- Prepare materials for mailings as needed, including but not limited to: new member packets, election mailings, annual meeting mailings, and membership mailings.
- Coordinate regular updating of relevant organizational statistics and tracking reports.
- Coordinate distribution of Annual Meeting Travel Grant distributions.
IAAE & WAEA
- Process memberships and employment ads for IAAE and WAEA.
- Maintain IAAE and WAEA membership databases through regular database integrity checks and duplicate record checks.
- Check IAAE and WAEA general voicemail inboxes and respond to inquiries.
- Check IAAE and WAEA general email inbox and respond to inquiries.
- Process incoming IAAE and WAEA invoices by assigning account codes, maintaining internal tracking, working with IS when necessary and submitting to accounting.
- Process and track outstanding accounts receivable and payable.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: (total weeks per year): Two to three weeks per year. Some weekend and evening work may be required.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Proficiency in MS Word and Excel as well as database experience.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED: Work experience in an office environment with demonstrated project management skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and experience with multiple task management.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS (clients and vendors): Internal: Liaison with EDI support staff including Information and Technology Services, Creative Services, Mail Room, Reception staff. External: AAEA meeting attendees, AAEA members, Hotel personnel, exhibitors, destination management companies, exhibit decorators, facility exhibit and convention service managers, housing bureaus, audio-visual companies, freight forwarders.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Some packaging and lifting up to 50 pounds. Ability to move quickly and frequently within the meeting facilities.