Meetings & Education Manager, AAAAI
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, AAAAI
REPORTS TO: Director of Meetings, Director of Education
DIRECT REPORTS: None
STATUS: Exempt (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
Responsible for management of Annual Meeting registration process, exhibitors, vendors, signage, and various logistics; manuscript review; and teaching slides. Provide consistent, quality customer service while responding to inquiries to meeting attendees by phone or email. Lead planner on various mid-size and smaller meetings throughout the year.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
- Manage the Annual Meeting registration process including vendor RFP/selection, website design and testing, paper registration forms, and registration announcements through work orders. Assist guests with registration questions via telephone and email (including general Annual Meeting email account), including invitation visa letters.
- Primary contact for exhibitors including development of the Exhibitor Prospectus and application, payments, final program listing, booth assignments, giveaway approval letters, mailing list requests, mobile app enhancements, Exhibitor Appointed Contractors (EACs) and any additional special requests.
- Perform administrative functions associated with Annual Meeting registration/housing and other AAAAI Meetings, including but not limited to: perform data entry into iMIS, Planstone, EthosCE, and other meeting and education systems, collect outstanding balances and collect reports.
- Manage the function space request process for affiliate events in conjunction with (ICW) the Annual Meeting to ensure accurate and efficient processing of function request forms, room assignments, confirmations and tracking.
- Manage the Annual Meeting committee meeting scheduling process through use of Survey Monkey, following-up with all parties as needed and assign meeting space for all events.
- Facilitate the submission and production of Annual Meeting session and miscellaneous signage.
- Serve as primary liaison for multiple vendors from RFPs to onsite management and invoice reconciliation at the Annual Meeting including registration, childcare and wellness vendors.
- Coordinate Annual Meeting registration deliverables including registration bags, reg bag inserts, lanyards, notepads, pens, door drop bags, badge holders, badge stock and ribbons.
- Manage Annual Meeting ribbon inventory, ticketed ribbon lists, staff distributed ribbons and onsite ribbon kiosk.
- Create documents for, assemble and manage the printing/delivery of the Operations Manual.
- Oversee the ship-out for Annual Meeting with General Contractor, facilitate all box movement onsite and coordinate ship-back.
- Lead planner on multiple smaller meetings (10-250 rooms on peak night) from RFP to invoice reconciliation.
- Serve as liaison to Veteran’s Health Administration committee coordinating activities and providing support as needed to achieve objectives.
- Organize record-keeping for journal CME activities, including: collection of necessary documentation from the journal editorial staff; tracking participation in activities; and distribution and tabulation of outcomes surveys sent to participants.
- Oversee the manuscript review CME process in the learning management system.
- Facilitate the AAAAI’s Teaching Slide program, collaborating with AAAAI staff and committees to collect and maintain up to date resources on the AAAAI website.
- Provide customer support to members and other learners regarding registration and claiming of credits in live and online activities outside of the Annual Meeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist other EDI clients as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 1-2 weeks per year; some evening and weekend work may be required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Computer proficiency including Word and Excel, outstanding customer service, problem-solving, interpersonal, organizational, writing, and communication skills, high accuracy and attention-to-detail required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Unrestricted mobility: must be able to walk great distances, move quickly from place to place, occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs required at times.