Membership Coordinator, ASGCT
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy, ASGCT
POSITION REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of Membership Operations, ASGCT
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Membership Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Membership Department and collaborating with the Communications and Marketing team members with emphasis on collecting, organizing, and tracking data; assisting with membership development activities; coordinating responses to general ASGCT inquiries; and coordinating volunteer activities.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (37.5 hours per week)
- Assist with membership application and dues renewal processes; maintain membership records and database.
- Assist in the development and implementation of membership recruitment and renewal efforts.
- Coordinate responses to general informational calls and e-mails from the public.
- Respond to general member requests such as Web access, Molecular Therapy subscriptions, contact information updates, and requests for information.
- Assist with processing mailing list requests.
- With the Senior Manager of Membership Operations, assist with the committee appointment process for scientific and standing committees.
- Assist with preparing the Member Resource Center at the Annual Meeting.
- Assist with writing, editing, and proofing of print/electronic materials as needed.
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager of Membership Operations, provide administrative support to ASGCT, including cash sheets, check requests, mail distribution, drafting minutes, file clean-up, etc.
- Provide support to assigned committees, including scheduling conference calls, developing agendas and materials, taking minutes and serving as a resource to volunteer members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications: Outstanding Interpersonal, organizational, writing, and communication skills with computer proficiency including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Highly motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize to meet rapid deadlines. Acute attention to detail and a high level of accuracy on outputs. Outstanding customer service and the ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in a life-sciences field.
- Experience: Zero to three (0-3) years of relevant work or educational experience, ideally including an interest in or experience supporting membership operations.
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds required
- Up to (2) weeks per year