Membership Manager, ACNS/ACMEGS/WDS
CLIENT ASSOCIATIONS: American Clinical Neurophysiology Society, American Clinical Magnetoencephalography Society, Women's Dermatologic Society
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Directors of ACNS/ACMEGS and WDS
POSITIONS THAT REPORT TO YOU: N/A
EXEMPT/NON‑EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Membership Manager will share his/her time supporting two clients. The Membership Manager is responsible for directing and managing all aspects of ACNS/ACMEGS and WDS member activities. This position will also manage meeting registration processes for ACNS. The Membership Manager will act as the liaison for various committees as assigned to provide assistance and support. The Membership Manager will provide assistance to and works with other staff in all areas of client activities and will manage specific administrative projects as assigned.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
- Directs and manages membership processes, including:
- Prompt processing of membership applications and annual dues renewal processing and invoicing;
- Maintaining membership records, database and online membership directory on an ongoing basis;
- Creation of monthly membership reports for the related Membership Committees;
- Liaise with the ACNS/ACMEGS Membership Committees to develop effective strategies for membership recruitment and retention.
- Assist in development of member satisfaction and exit surveys, as needed.
- Liaise with EDI Information Services Dept. for data entry and reports as needed.
- Answers informational calls regarding ACNS/ACMEGS membership
- Monitors the general ACNS and ACMEGS email accounts and checks the night voicemail box;
- Assists with aspects of meeting registration including: set-up (through iMIS), form processing, payment collection and confirmation distribution, and management of onsite registration desk at in-person events;
- Perform duties as required to assist the Executive Director in implementing the Strategic Plan developed by the Council or Board of Directors.
- Assist in editing efforts for ACNS/ACMEGS documents.
- Provide updated information for the ACNS and ACMEGS websites, as needed.
- Attend related Society events to assist onsite as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Directs and manages all aspects of membership management. Maintains membership database changes and management, report creation, website updates. Supports Executive Director and other staff with membership related functions such as general letters and other communications;
- Coordinate annual dues invoicing process;
- Liaise with EDI Information Services Dept. for reports on entry of new members and membership renewals;
- Answer information calls regarding WDS related programs and activities; monitoring the general email account and checking the night voicemail box;
- Serve as staff liaison to assigned committee(s), collaborating with committee chair(s), arranging conference calls, and providing regular updates to committee chair(s);
- Maintenance of membership aspects of the website
- Attend related society events to assist onsite as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Between both clients, up to 3 weeks per year; some weekend and evening work may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in program management, marketing, or communications related positions. Previous association management experience and familiarity with nonprofit boards of directors a plus
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a small team environment
- Ability to prioritize varied assignments and handle multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (lifting, packaging, etc.) Minimal lifting required. Occasional lifting, up to 50 lbs. Ability to move quickly within meeting facilities.