CLIENT ASSOCIATION: American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Foundation, AAAAIF and Executive Director, Inc., EDI
REPORTS TO: Director, AAAAIF and Accounting Manager, EDI
STATUS: Non-Exempt (37.5 hours/week)
Unique position, where you can make a difference each morning supporting donor stewardship for the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Foundation (AAAAI Foundation) and keep your financial skills sharp in the afternoon as part of the accounting team at Executive Director, Inc.
Development Coordinator: Coordinate the donor stewardship program and various development projects for the AAAAI Foundation, whose mission is to fund research that leads to the prevention and cure of asthma and allergic and immunologic disease. The AAAAI Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, a professional medical specialty society with 7,000 members worldwide.
Accounting Assistant: Provide administrative support, especially with ACH payments and wire transfers, for the Accounting Department of Executive Director, Inc. EDI is one of the nation’s top association management firms with 35 national and international client organizations.
Development Coordinator (50%)
- Coordinate the donor stewardship program of the AAAAI Foundation to achieve measureable improvements in donor retention and the percentage of AAAAI members who give annually to the Foundation.
- Manage all donor correspondence (print and online) including thank you letters, tax letters and receipts.
- Work with Development Manager to coordinate registration process for annual Benefit and Run/Walk events. Coordinate with registration vendor to generate accurate reports and ticketing for these events. Register Benefit and Run/Walk participants by phone and help staff these events on-site during Annual Meeting.
- Work with staff team to coordinate annual program of AAAAI Foundation presentations at Regional, State and Local Allergy & Immunology Society meetings.
- Coordinate development of prospect lists/mailing lists (physical and electronic) for individual Named Lectureships and Awards and other specialized campaigns.
- Participate in monthly conference calls of the AAAAI Foundation Council as needed. Assist with creation and distribution of agenda and supporting materials for these calls. Handle VIP travel arrangements for members of the Foundation Council.
- Answer donor calls and emails with an excellent customer service attitude.
- Prepare and submit donations for processing. Work with data entry team and support services on accurate processing.
- Process AAAAI Foundation invoices for payment. Generate and mail invoices for pledge payments and special events. Assist Senior Development Manager with creation of financial reports.
- Manage inventory for AAAAI Foundation print materials. Solicit bids and order branded items for Run/Walk and other promotional items for Foundation use.
- Update AAAAI Foundation website, EDI Resource Wiki and client project calendar as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accounting Assistant (50%)
- Process outgoing ACH payments and wire transfers through the online banking system.
- Verification of banking check deposits through the online banking system. Scan and PDF deposit paperwork upon verifying and properly destroy checks and paperwork after verification.
- Check for and pull weekly incoming wire transfer report and send to appropriate client staff.
- Data entry on monthly client credit card reconciliations.
- Monitor and follow up with client staff regarding outstanding checks.
- Assist with yearly 1099 preparation.
- W-9 management.
- Help with audit and miscellaneous mailings as needed.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
- Approximately 1 week per year.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of work experience in a Development/Fundraising environment.
- Familiarity with MS Office; proficiency with Word and Excel required.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Donor database experience preferred.
- Accounting or administrative/bookkeeping experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Occasional lifting of boxes of publications and imprinted items, up to 50 pounds.