Prelude is a comprehensive fertility company focused on providing people with the best options for meeting their family-building goals. Using a proactive approach to fertility care, Prelude aims to improve people's chances of having healthy babies when they are ready. Founded in 2016 by serial entrepreneur Martín Varsavsky, Lee Equity Partners, Reproductive Biology Associates and MyEggBank, the company was established to give men and women more reproductive choices and greater control over their biological clocks. By coupling earlier decision making with the latest reproductive science and technology, Prelude can increase the probability of having a healthy baby and decrease the chances of requiring infertility therapy later in life. www.PreludeFertility.com
Our Embryologist- Traveler will aid in covering vacation, leave time and temporary openings in various Prelude Labs. They may at times be working with a team or independently during their stay with each lab. During their stay, they will perform all functions of an Embryologist operating in that given lab. Typically, our Embryologist performs all the complex laboratory procedures required for an in-vitro fertilization (IVF) cycle including identification and evaluation of human oocytes in follicular fluid, assessment and viability of recently fertilized oocytes, microinjection techniques such as intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) and assisted hatching with the laser, appropriate culturing of cleaved embryos and blastocysts, grading and selecting human embryos for transfer, and the cryopreservation and thawing of cleaved embryos and blastocysts.
• An ability to access, acclimate and adapt quickly to any nuances of the given lab for which they will be working
Performs all procedures required for IVF cycles, including medium and dish preparation, egg retrieval, sperm preparation, fertilization check, embryo evaluation, cryopreservation and thawing, transfer, ICSI and assisted hatching.
• Performs all andrology services, including preparation of semen samples for artificial inseminations and IVF, cryopreservation of sperm, and complete sperm analysis assessed by World Health Organization (WHO) standards.
• Performs laboratory quality control (QC), quality assessment (QA), and participates in quality improvement (QI) programs, record keeping and collection of data.
• Participates in research on oocytes cryopreservation, oocyte maturation, preimplantation genetic diagnosis and related research.
• Performs other duties as assigned, and in keeping with Vivere Health, LLC policies, procedures and standards of patient care and initiatives toward continuous improvement at the individual and organizational level
• Supports and actively participates in initiatives designed to improve individual and organizational performance
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in laboratory science required; master’s degree preferred
• 3-4 years prior experience in human IVF laboratory
• Ability to participate in a rotating schedule that includes some weekends, holidays and early morning or late afternoon hours.