This position is responsible for the efficiency, accuracy and professionalism of the Front Desk of Pacific Fertility Center (PFC). Primary duties include providing exemplary customer service while scheduling appointments, answering multi-line phones and emails and directing patients and all inquiries appropriately. The Front Desk Representative works in a collaborative relationship with the Front Desk Team as well as with other PFC departments and employees.
Everything we do at PFC is guided by our Mission Statement: "As a unified team, guided by the highest ethical standards, we provide our patients with the best quality, individualized, compassionate fertility care."
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Shows 100% commitment to exemplary customer service ensuring a positive patient experience.
• Works collaboratively with physicians, clinical team members and other PFC employees, provides information and assistance to clinic patients.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality, in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
• Complies with applicable regulations and laws, adheres to the policies, procedures and rules of PFC, follows front desk protocols and standard operating procedures, and complies with all safety policies.
• Schedules and coordinates all types of patient appointments accurately using our EMR and billing systems concurrently.
• Responds professionally and timely to phone and email correspondence from patients and PFC staff
• Interacts with patients in a compassionate, respectful and professional manner.
• Verifies patient information in the medical record and updates if necessary
• Maintains and updates current information on physicians’, coordinators’, nurses’ and other specialists’ schedules, ensuring that patients are scheduled properly.
• Conducts advanced preparation of billing slips.
• Provides timely and accurate information to patients regarding future appointments and scheduled procedures.
• Escorts patients to appointments as required.
• Collects payments in accordance with PFC policies.
• Prepares daily EFT batches for submission to billing.
• Rotates through greeter position and complies with greeter manual.
• Attends department meetings and other required meetings.
• Participates in professional development efforts to ensure currency in health care practices and trends.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors’ degree preferred.
• At least 1-2 years experience in customer service related field.
• At least 1-2 years experience of administrative medical office experience preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite and EMR system.