NEW OPPORTUNITY - Community Home Manager
St. Joseph Home creates a home for adults and children with developmental disabilities who have complex support needs and use a wheelchair for mobility. The Home, a non-profit ministry of the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati, offers a creative, loving environment for those in the residential, respite programs, and day programs. Attention to the individual’s medical, social, educational and spiritual development reveals the unique giftedness of each person. Compassionate care and respect for the dignity of life are the hallmarks of St. Joseph Home.
What We Are Looking For:
St. Joseph Home Community Home provides residential services to four individuals whose developmental disabilities present them with significant support needs. The St. Joseph Community Home values housing environments where all residents receive the maximum level of support they need so that they are valued by, belong to and fully participate in their community. We are currently looking for a Community Home Manager to join our team. As a member of our team, the Community Home Manager must be passionate about our mission and committed to meeting St. Joseph Home’s high standards.
What you will do:
- Manages the home in adherence to all Federal, State and local requirements and St. Joseph Home policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with individual My Plan requirements.
- Manages all operational aspects of the Community Home and supervision of caregivers.
- Acts as a model of gentle teaching and non-violence, monitoring the safety and health needs of the individuals we serve, ensuring their rights and welfare are guaranteed.
- Selects, schedules, assigns, directs and supervises Community Home staff. Evaluates performance and recommends personnel actions.
- Monitors and oversees the accuracy of DSP payroll, time and attendance records.
- Monitors programs, practices and policies to ensure person-centered support is provided to the individuals we serve consistent with all legal and policy requirements and the mission and values of St. Joseph Home.
- Directs implementation of home-specific training program.
- Demonstrates and ensures compliance with safe lifting, positioning, physical assistance to and transfer procedures.
- Responsible for supporting, coordinating, planning and oversight of community outings and medical appointments.
- Records and reports accurate agency data. Ensures the home and individual stay within budget in all areas.
- Monitors needs for Home and vehicle maintenance and repairs to minimize service disruption.
- Participate in continuing educational programs, meetings and seminars to enhance supervisory skills and job knowledge, including programs for DSP staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We Need:
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- High school graduate or GED required with a related four year degree highly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with waiver funding streams preferred.
- Prior supervisory or management experience and training, preferably in a hospital or long-term care facility setting including handling budgets and employee relations.
- Good organization, communication, and computer skills, with an understanding of staff scheduling procedures.
- Ability to direct others and give clear instructions, plan activities of others and influence individuals in their opinions, attitudes or judgments.
- Capable of handling multiple projects and demands.
- Delegated Nursing certification required within 6 weeks.
- CPR and First Aid training required.
- Flexibility of schedule and availability to be “on call” is required in order to meet operational needs.
- Current driver’s license with fewer than 6 points, vehicle liability insurance, willingness and ability to drive company vehicles required.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a team while developing and maintaining professional relationships in the workplace.
- Applicant must be self-directed and motivated.