|Position: Community Home Team Lead|
|Job Id: 121444|
|# of Openings: 1|
Community Home Team Lead
Monday - Friday
(FT – mostly second shift with flexibility; on call required)
St. Joseph Home creates a home for adults and children with developmental disabilities who have complex support needs and use a wheelchair for mobility. The Home, a non-profit ministry of the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati, offers a creative, loving environment for those in the residential, respite programs, and day programs. Attention to the individual’s medical, social, educational and spiritual development reveals the unique giftedness of each person. Compassionate care and respect for the dignity of life are the hallmarks of St. Joseph Home.
What We Are Looking For:
St. Joseph Home is looking for a dynamic and caring individual that want to make a difference in peoples’ lives. At SJH, our Community Home Team Lead will play an integral role in managing our Direct Support Professionals at our Community Home facility. In this role, you will be working with, caring for and helping adults who have increased support needs to grow and feel loved. St. Joseph Home offers excellent benefits, tuition reimbursement and a growing and dynamic culture.
What You Will Do:
The Community Home Team Lead works under direction of the Community Home Manager and is responsible for providing a supportive, home-like environment for individuals we serve in accordance with the mission and values of St. Joseph Home. At SJH, we provide experiences that allow the individuals we serve to develop to their fullest potential in areas of self-direction, independent living, self-care, self-sufficiency, language learning and mobility. This position provides general supervision of Community Home Direct Support Professionals. As Team Lead, you will be responsible for demonstrating leadership and acting as a mentor to all staff and will participate in the selection and evaluation process of DSP applicants. You will also work closely with your manager and our Human Resources staff to address employee relations concerns and work to build on the talents and skills of our employees to help them grow at SJH.
• High school graduate or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Prior supervisory experience and training preferred.
• Ability to direct others and give clear, concise instructions.
• Good organization, communication and computer skills, with an understanding of scheduling procedures required.
• Current driver’s license with fewer than 6 points, vehicle liability insurance, and willingness to drive company vehicles required.
• CPR and First Aid training required.
• Flexibility of schedule in order to meet operational needs is required.
• Must be able to work effectively as a member of a team while developing and maintaining professional relationships in the workplace.
• Applicant must be self-directed and motivated.
• Must have ability to remain calm and use good judgment.
All St. Joseph Home Employees are expected to demonstrate the highest degree of integrity and ethics in performing their duties, and relate program mission and procedures to the general public in a positive manner.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We would love to hear from you and help you explore a career at St. Joseph Home.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|