Day Program Community "Connector"
Looking for a great opportunity to give back to your community?
Are you a “connector” who likes to have an impact on others?
Are you looking for a place that provides a loving and engaging work environment?
If you can answer “yes” to these questions, then please keep reading…
St. Joseph Home is a leader in providing care and support for individuals with developmental disabilities. We are expanding and opening a new Adult Day Program facility in Sharonville this spring and we are looking for special individuals that are motivated by helping others.
In this position, you will
- provide personal care and ensure practices related to community belonging occur for our participants.
- support strength-based development, person-centered planning and design thinking so that these activities occur daily for our program participants.
- focus on interacting with the individuals we serve to help them engage in the world around them as they so choose and that they are valued for their contributions.
- key aspects include helping individuals connect and establish meaningful interactions and relationships with others in the community; encouraging volunteerism giving participants the opportunity to gain skills and pursue interests, improving the quality of life for all involved.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Interacts with the Day Program participants and staff with high attention to engagement and must be alert to and interested in the needs of adults with severe/profound developmental disabilities.
- Fully engages with and supports program participants, who may communicate non-traditionally, with the implementation of activities and focus on communication, skills enhancement/development and discovery/learning which are aligned to participant goals with the expressed purpose of gaining knowledge for person centered planning.
- Help participants determine, plan and execute community engagement activities in company vehicles, on foot or using public transportation.
- Attends to and assures that participants’ personal hygiene needs (dressing, caring for incontinence needs, etc.) and all activities of daily living (meals, repositioning, etc.) are met according to specific guidelines and goals.
- Monitors and stays alert to the changing needs and conditions of the participants at all times.
- Assists individuals with mobility throughout their environment by providing assistance maneuvering their wheelchair and proper supervision and precautions for those with increased self-mobility and power chairs.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age and a high school graduate or GED.
- Successfully complete and pass knowledge assessment and skills demonstration.
- General computer knowledge is preferred.
- CPR and First Aid training is required (provided by St. Joseph Home).
- Current driver’s license with fewer than 6 points, vehicle liability insurance, willingness and ability to drive company vehicles required.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a team while developing and maintaining professional relationships in the workplace.
- Applicants must be self-directed and motivated, and have good time management skills.
- Must have the ability to remain calm and use good judgment.