St. Joseph Home has an Adult Day Program serving individuals with severe profound developmental disabilities. We are currently looking for part time LPN/RNs on 1st Shift. Nurses are responsible for the care of our residents under the orders of the physicians and the supervision of the Nurse Supervisor and/or the Director of Nursing. As a member of our team, our Nurses must be passionate about caring for our residents, dedicated to our mission and committed to meeting St. Joseph Home’s high standards.
Schedule: Part Time 1st shift; hours between 9:45 AM and 1:45 PM, for a total of eight hours per week
- Administers medications, treatments, tube feedings accurately and in allotted time frame as ordered.
- Charts medications, treatments, tube feedings, and pertinent medical information thoroughly and accurately. Keeps charts continually updated.
- Performs all assessment and documentation duties as.
- Works closely with Nurse Supervisor in keeping him/her updated of changes in status of assigned residents, concerns about residents, and or concerns that arise in assigned cottages.
- Updates parents/guardians of changes in residents’ status or changes in orders as needed.
- Monitors, handles and completes Residents Incident and MUI’s. Reports Incident and MUI’s to appropriate individuals; i.e. Administration, DON, Parent. Investigates, obtains witness reports, and provides observation, documents assessment and treatment action taken. Works closely with Safety Coordinator on follow-up.
- Provides specialized nursing care to individuals with tracheostomy and/or medical invasive ventilation under the direction of the physician.
- Attends in-service and Nurses’ meetings.
- Works with Program Manager and Site Manager to enhance residents’ quality of life.
- Provides mentoring/orientation to new nurses
- Must be graduated from an accredited school of nursing and registered with the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- Some experience in pediatric nursing is desirable, with specific interest in the multi-handicapped individual.
- Must be able to continuously lift 50 lbs. independently or with another staff up to 120 lbs., push med carts, read small print on drug labels.
- Use good judgment, diplomacy, communicates effectively with all staff.
- Ability to act as an effective, positive role model in demeanor and appearance for Nurses and Direct Care Staff to follow.
- Good attendance and punctuality are essential.