Front End Supervisor
- Hilldale location: flexibility between 12p to 10p including weekends and some holidays.
- West Towne location: flexibility between 7a to 10p including weekends and some holidays.
Summary: Directs and coordinates activities involved in providing assistance and the delivery of value added services to customers at the service desk/and all front end activities. Ensures efficient processing of a variety of transactions such as money orders, transfers and supports business operations within the customer service department. Required to assist customers and maintain complaint resolution as needed with an energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by Metcalfe’s Market.
- Supports the department’s staff efforts and works through timely response to questions with a caring and appreciative attitude and demonstrated effectiveness in dealing with employee issues.
- Assists in planning and preparing utility clerk work schedules.
- Assigns team members to specific front end duties.
- Coordinates utility clerk break schedules.
- Ensures that front end team members adhere to policy and procedural guidelines.
- Scans cigarettes and tobacco products and alcohol for minor cashiers.
- Provides insight and input in department personnel decisions such as hire, discipline, reward and termination.
- Performs effective coaching to team members and maintains accurate personnel records for all direct reports.
- Maintains a safe work environment for employees, vendors and customers.
- Monitors and addresses customer issues or questions.
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge.
- Works toward continuous quality improvement.
- Stays current with changing company technology, including software programs.
- Leads, coaches, teaches and reinforces Metcalfe’s culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Department employees.
- Upholds, supports and promotes all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervisory responsibility for the Department including approximately 20 direct reports.
- High School diploma/equivalent required, Associate’s degree (A.A.) or technical school training preferred.
- One or more years of management/supervisory experience in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Must have strong people management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business and operations and must be able to make timely and effective decisions.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a diverse, fast-paced and stressful environment.
- Knowledge of technology, the use of a computer, and Microsoft Office; specifically, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- CPR/AED Certification Preferred.
- Wisconsin Liquor Operator License Preferred, Metcalfe’s will pay to certify if needed.
Text JoinMetFam to 25000 to apply, or apply here!