Fresh Food Specialist
- Shifts during department hours 6a-11p including weekends.
Summary: The Fresh Food Specialist provides front line customer service within the Deli Department by preparing items for sale and as requested by customers. Performs duties that comply with local health code and follow proper safe food handling procedures and standards.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items.
- Assists customers with all inquiries and requests.
- Fills customer special orders by obtaining and preparing items from other departments as requested.
- Writes orders, prepares Deli items and describes availability of products as needed.
- Wraps, weighs, labels and displays food items.
- Stocks display case and rotate merchandise as requested.
- Operates machinery by following proper department production and safety standards, as needed.
- Cleans, sanitizes and resets work area, including shelves, bins, tables, coolers, equipment and utensils in compliance with health code standards.
- Inspects and reassembles equipment for use and perform routine maintenance as assigned.
- Follows safe food handling and local health department standards.
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service standards.
- Works toward continuous quality improvement.
- Upholds, supports, and promotes all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Previous grocery experience preferred.
- Food Safety Certification preferred.