Full-time or Part-time
Madison, WI - Hilldale location
- Part-time: shifts between 3p and 9p including weekends and some holidays.
- Full-time: flexibility required for shifts between 8a and 9p including weekends and some holidays.
Summary: Provides excellent customer service by shopping for Metcalfe's customers who have ordered online grocery items, and utilizing Metcalfe’s delivery vehicle to deliver pre-ordered items to residential and business customers. Receives in-store customer order and records specific delivery instructions. Provides added value by informing regular customers of new products and services, and addresses customer questions and concerns. This position requires working weekends and holidays based on department staffing requirements.
- Shops for and assists in consolidating pre-ordered grocery lists to residential and business customers.
- Delivers pre-ordered grocery items to residential and business customers.
- Loads delivery vehicle with customer orders.
- Receives and writes customer orders with delivery instructions.
- Navigates adverse terrain including multi-story buildings, private homes and other delivery sites while carrying product.
- Collects customer payment and records all sales and delivery transactions.
- Ensures customer signature on delivery receipts.
- Informs customers of new products and services.
- Picks up empty containers and rejected or returned merchandise.
- Maintains clean delivery vehicle at all times.
- Resolves and files service complaints.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service standards.
- Works toward continuous quality improvement.
- Upholds Metcalfe’s culture, customer service, and performance expectations.
- Upholds, supports and promotes all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Valid Driver’s License with safe driving record required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 6 months previous grocery or delivery experience preferred.