Meat Counter Clerk
Full-Time or Part-Time
Madison, WI - West Towne location
- Full-time position, flexibility needed between the hours of 6a - 8p. Must have open weekend availability to be considered.
- Or, Part-time position, flexibility needed between the hours of 2p - 8p. Must have open weekend availability to be considered.
Summary: This individual assists customers with special requests and answers questions about meat products and services. Performs duties that comply with local health code and follows proper safety procedures and standards.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service; receives and fulfills all orders.
- Wraps, weighs, labels and displays all merchandise utilizing the automatic wrapping machine.
- Stocks display case and rotate merchandise as requested.
- Maintains accurate retail pricing and signage.
- Operates meat grinder, slicer and marinator machines.
- Assembles value added products and cheese to the meat display
- Assists customers with all inquiries and requests.
- Operates machinery by following proper department production and safety standards, as needed.
- Inspects and reassemble equipment for use and perform routine maintenance as assigned.
- Cleans and sanitizes work area, equipment and utensils in compliance with health code.
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service standards.
- Reports hazard and safety violations immediately.
- Works toward continuous quality improvement.
- Upholds, supports and promotes all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 6 months previous grocery experience preferred.
- Food Safety Certification preferred.