Full-Time or Part-Time
- Hilldale and West Towne positions available!
- Shifts between 12p-9p weekdays.
- Weekends and some holidays required for consideration.
Summary: The Bakery Department Clerk will provide front line customer service within the Bakery Department by preparing bakery items for sale and as requested by customers. Weigh, wrap and label bakery selections for customers. Stock and rotate items in the display case. Clean and sanitize work area, equipment and utensils throughout the day and inspect and reassemble equipment for use. Perform duties that comply with local health code and follow proper safe food handling procedures and standards. This position requires working weekends and holidays based on department staffing requirements.
- Assists customers with all inquiries and requests.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service standards.
- Fills customer special orders by obtaining and preparing items from other departments as requested.
- Writes orders, prepares bakery items and describes availability of specialty products as needed.
- Wraps, weighs, labels and displays food items.
- Ensures accurate pricing by placing the corresponding price and ingredient labels on each package.
- Stocks display case and rotates merchandise as requested.
- Operates machinery by following proper department production and safety standards, as needed.
- Cleans, sanitizes and resets work area, including shelves, bins, tables, coolers, equipment and utensils in compliance with health code standards.
- Inspects and reassembles equipment for use and perform routine maintenance as assigned.
- Follows safe food handling and local health department standards.
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
- Works toward continuous quality improvement.
- Upholds, supports, and promotes all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- 6 months previous grocery or bakery experience preferred.
- Food Safety Certification, preferred (Metcalfe’s will certify if needed).
Text JoinMetFam to 25000 or apply online here!