|Position: Meat Department Manager- $1,000 Sign-on Bonus Eligible|
|Job Id: 508|
|# of Openings: 1|
Meat Department Manager
Summary: The Meat Department Manager directs and coordinates activities involved with the production, sale and or distribution of Metcalfe’s Market meat products. Ensures hiring, training and supervision of the staff. Facilitates sales goals, inventory rotation, scheduling, safety and sanitation and any division of responsibility assigned by the store manager. The Meat Department Manager is required to assist customers and maintain complaint resolution with an energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines and established practices set by Metcalfe’s Market. This position requires working mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, based on department staffing requirements.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Meat Manager has supervisory responsibility for the Meat Department including approximately ten (10) direct reports.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the Meat Manager must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
· High School diploma/equivalent required, Associate’s degree (A.A.) or technical school training preferred
· One or more years of previous Journeyman Meat Cutter, seafood department, restaurant or kitchen experience
· One or more years of management or supervisory experience in a fast-paced retail environment.
· Must have strong people management skills
· Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
· Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, must be able to make timely and effective decisions.
· Ability to work well under pressure and in a diverse, fast-paced and stressful environment.
· Knowledge of technology, the use of a computer, and Microsoft Office- More specifically, Outlook, Word and Excel
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Food Safety Certification Required, Metcalfe’s will help certify if needed.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|