Madison, WI - Hilldale location
- Must be flexible for 8-hr shifts between 6a and 4p.
- Thursdays must be flexible for 8-hr shifts between 4a and 2p.
- Weekends and some holidays required for consideration.
Summary: The Pricing Coordinator facilitates the accurate pricing and proper signage execution of merchandise on shelves and on display for their Metcalfe’s Market location. The Pricing Coordinator investigates and resolves pricing discrepancies and informs and works with management and Central Pricing for resolution and updates. This position requires collaboration with all departments and adhering to all procedural guidelines and established practices set by Metcalfe’s Market. This position may require working early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays based on department staffing requirements.
- Ensures all stores receive pricing updates, pricing tags, signage and handling instructions.
- Conducts audits for pricing signage and other sale collateral.
- Verifies price accuracy against store records.
- Controls and audits scale management for pricing accuracy and integrity.
- Supports leadership and supports staff efforts through timely response to pricing questions with a caring and appreciative attitude and demonstrated effectiveness in resolving discrepancies.
- Helps develop departmental and goals, standards and procedures.
- Coordinates and oversees the weekly circular and ad promotions changes and verifies their accuracy.
- Provides reports to management team as needed.
- Stays current with changing company technology, including software programs.
- Leads, coaches, teaches and reinforces Metcalfe’s culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Department employees.
- Upholds, supports and promotes all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Pricing Coordinator has supervisory responsibility for the Pricing Department including approximately one (1) direct reports.
- High School diploma/equivalent required, Associate’s degree (A.A.) or technical school training preferred.
- One or more years of management or supervisory experience in a fast-paced retail environment preferred.
- Must have strong people management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of pricing department operations and must be able to make timely and effective decisions.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a diverse, fast-paced and stressful environment.
- Knowledge of technology, the use of a computer, and Microsoft Office, more specifically, Outlook, Word and Excel.