Social Media Coordinator
Madison, WI - Hilldale
If you love food and think local, this is the job for you! This is an on-location, part-time hourly position (20-25 hours a week).
Info Requirement: Please provide us with some samples of your work either upload them with the submitting of your application or send to email@example.com.
- Digital (social media posts, website copy, blog)
- Print (brochure, flyer or newsletter)
- Video (under 3 minutes please)
Summary: Performs duties as the social media lead for Metcalfe’s Market. Creates ideas and content to share with the public on a consistent basis. Partners with the Marketing Director and the Graphic Designers to generate ideas and social media content and assists with branding and promotional campaigns. Develops new ways to drive engagement both in social media and in-store; and responsible for developing and writing the bi-weekly e-newsletter that reflects the spirit of Metcalfe’s.
- Generates fresh ideas for social media content and marketing.
- Produces bi-weekly e-newsletter.
- Contributes to the maintenance of the Metcalfe’s website.
- Assists with setup and execution of in-store and external promotional events.
- Creates video content including scripting, scheduling, filming and editing for website and social media use.
- Shares copywriting responsibilities for all media and collateral.
- Collaborates with management and the marketing team to find effective messaging.
- Monitoring and reporting on social media impact.
- Conducts consistent competitive analysis and monitors industry trends.
- Other duties performed as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Mass Communication or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of social media experience.
- Three to five years of retail experience preferred.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Crisis Management and conflict resolution experience.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of WordPress, Adobe, and social media platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Yelp, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
- Ability to adapt to changing retail needs and juggle multiple projects.
- MS Office Suite.