Medical Sales Liaison, Auckland, New Zealand
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Manager, the Medical Sales Liaison (MSL) is responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with medical practitioners, predominantly General Practitioners and Specialists. The MSL will reach mutually agreed upon business targets through effective management of designated territories and physical visits with medical practitioners. The incumbent will continually maintain a professional image of the company, acting with integrity, passion, and utilizing exceptional inter-personal and presentational skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Organize territory, develop and adhere to a field plan focusing on leads to maximize call potential making at minimum the pre-determined number of face-to-face meetings with target and prospect medical practitioners per day
- Develop strategies that will increase lead opportunities in the territory, arranging appointments with medical practitioners, which may include pre-arranged appointments, lunch and learns, or standard 'cold' calling, leaving behind introduction letter and Tilray material for potential call back lead
- As per set goals and objectives, schedule the required number of informational presentations a month presenting to medical practitioners and which may take place in medical settings during the day, or conducted in the evenings at a local hotel or conference venue and may also involve a one-on-one with doctor for lunch or dinner
- Attend and represent Tilray at appropriate event conferences (these may be outside of territory)
- As applicable and after gauging a medical practitioner’s base knowledge, provide educational information on authorizing medical cannabis, potential benefits of medical cannabis, the need for medical cannabis for appropriate patients
- Maintain reports and records within CRM platforms and other formats such as call reports capturing results (maintaining database of physicians), record competitor activity and strategies in call log and update medical practitioner list with new accounts of opportunity
- Accurately complete daily and weekly administrative tasks such as maintaining medical practitioner profiles, keeping detailed records of contacts/leads, completing the medical practitioner checklist form and couriering all approved medical practitioner documentation to head office, and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Attend company meetings, teleconferences, as required
- When working with a medical practitioner validate that the medical practitioner is appropriately registered and entitled under the laws of the applicable state/territory to practice medicine and is not named in any notations, conditions or reprimands under MEDSAFE
- Be conversant with the appropriate local governing bodies, such as MEDSAFE, PHARMAC , DoH (Department of Health) and remain current on all aspects of medical cannabis
- Ensure compliance with advertising parameters for narcotics as well as any additional guidance provided by the PHARMAC, DoH & MEDSAFE or relevant authority
- Bachelor degree preferably in science or business
- Three years’ direct work experience in sales with demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals (health care sales is preferred)
- Professional demeanor, selling style, and appearance with proven experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, account development, and time and territory management
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills with a demonstrable ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with medical practitioners
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills along with excellent listening skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work individually and as part of a team, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel both nationally and internationally
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications and preference given to experience with customer relationship management software
- Driver’s License in good standing with a clean driving record