Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference?
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for providing a consistently high standard Human Resources Services. The Human Resources Assistant will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources function. In this role, you will be involved in HR systems management, preparing new hires for on-boarding, benefits administration, and other department functions.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment (as needed)
- Support to create postings on our Applicant Tracking System;
- Book interview appointments with HR Business Partners and/or Hiring Managers;
- Perform pre-employment screening for potential candidates (ex. references, security checks);
- Prepare offer letters with the direction from HR Business Partners.
New Hire On-boarding
- Communicates to managers new hire dates and Day 1 agenda;
- Communicates to new hires schedule of orientation and instructions for Day 1;
- Welcoming new hires on Day 1 and facilitating the orientation;
- Ensures new hires complete employment forms (ex. payroll forms);
- Prepares logistical requirements for Day 1 Orientation (ex. booking room, sending outlook invitation to orientation speakers).
HR System Administration
- Designated key-user of HR Information System maintaining data integrity at all times;
- Ensures data are keyed-in accurately and completely;
- Performs system actions such as: new hire, changes in employment and termination;
- Supports with regular data quality checks between HR and Payroll systems.
- Facilitates employee enrollment, change, cancellation into/from the company’s Group Benefits Plan;
- Responds to employee benefits queries;
- Coordinates with Plan provider clarifications in resolving benefits issues.
- Ensures the maintenance of organizational charts and regular report requirements;
- Drafts routine correspondences, prepares employment letters, and other HR documents;
- Creates personnel file and maintains its completeness and organization;
- Maintains employee training records and other HR filing records;
- Maintains and orders HR office supplies;
- Supports HR team in day to day functions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Human Resources;
- Must be fluent in English; knowledge of German are a plus;
- Demonstrable competency on Data Analytics;
- Experience in using HR Information Systems (HRIS);
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications;
- Thoroughness, Customer Orientation and Forward Thinking are assets for this job;
- Demonstrable ability to maintain and preserve strict confidentiality;
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Takes initiative and work with minimal supervision;
- Communicate effectively and diplomatically orally and in writing;
- Gains new knowledge of applicable legislation in new jurisdiction as company expands