Production Scheduling Assistant
Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference?
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Scheduling Assistant will work closely with the Production Manager, Head Grower and Production team on production scheduling, inventory management, labour tracking, data entry, Interfacility Shipments of Plant material and assisting with.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing production schedules with the production manager;
- Generate reports on inventory and harvest outputs;
- Assist in inventory counts;
- Enter all relevant documentation into the necessary spread sheets;
- Assist in writing SOP’s with guidance from Subject Matter Experts;
- Maintain Production Training Needs matrix; ensure all production staff are up to date on training;
- Help establish a yearly refresher program;
- Data Entry;
- Participating with Material Requirement Planning;
- Coordinating activities with warehouse production units and traffic flow of supplies;
- Preparing and maintaining progress and other reports including Key Performance Indicators;
- Reviewing long‐term forecasts to identify and mitigate possible capacity/material issues and recommending appropriate action.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree preferred (i.e. business or supply chain management) or equivalent experience + a minimum of a one year diploma;
- Experience as a Production Scheduler, preferably in manufacturing would be considered an asset;
- Certified in Production & Inventory Management through APICS is an asset;
- Knowledge of MPS/MRP, Demand Flow, JIT, Forecasting, Inventory Planning, Kanban, and Supply Chain design preferred;
- Experience with Acumatica software systems preferred;
- Team player within cross functional, multi‐disciplined team;
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Able to maintain filing systems, databases, and basic diary/minutes management;
- Detail‐oriented and self‐directed in execution of tasks required;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule;
- Strong customer service orientation and strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team;
- Able to determine and prioritize proper team size per activity;
- Maintain a positive outlook and willingness to learn and contribute to company success;
- Maintain confidentiality and attain necessary skills/competencies;
- Able to take and give direction and follow all company policies/procedures;
- Must have an awareness of company needs and foresee potential problems;
- Dependable and punctual;
- Positive contribution and personal commitment/responsibility to a respectful workplace.