Ingredients Sales Director – Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tilray Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY) is a global pioneer in the research, cultivation, production and distribution of cannabis currently serving patients and consumers in thirteen countries spanning five continents. Tilray operates state-of-the-art cannabis facilities in Canada and Portugal and teams in the U.S., Australia & New Zealand, Europe and Latin America. Tilray is pioneering the future of the industry globally by forging industry-disruptive partnerships and building a robust house of brands.
Manitoba Harvest, the world’s largest hemp foods company, offers a portfolio of hemp foods and CBD wellness products to consumers across North America. Our mission is to inspire a better way, a better life & a better world – and it’s up to us to sow these seeds of change. Our mission is to transform consumer health through the power of hemp foods.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a worldwide network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to pioneer the future of cannabis globally and establish Tilray as the world’s most trusted and valuable cannabis brand.
We are looking for a dynamic sales professional with a track record of increasing B2B sales through securing new customers and by developing existing customers through creative new product concepts/applications of ingredients. The successful candidate will start from a strong foundation of Hemp Oil Canada (a Manitoba Harvest company) which is an award-winning company in the food manufacturing industry. Founded in 1998, Hemp Oil Canada offers the freshest and highest quality hemp food products in the world. Hemp Oil Canada has two BCAA+ facilities and is the world’s largest bulk wholesale producer and ingredient supplier of Hemp food ingredients. Leveraging Hemp Oil Canada’s brand to establish and develop relationships between prospective B2B customers and Hemp Oil Canada, the successful candidate will increase sales volume and value through execution, education and promotion.
Commercial and Business Acumen
- Understand the regulatory and market dynamics for food and nutritional ingredients and maintain a professional network in the trade and with potential B2B customers.
- Scans the market and demonstrates deep understanding of key market drivers and emerging trends (technology, ecommerce, pricing, customer needs.) to lead the development of a winning and sustainable growth strategy for Hemp Oil Canada
- Creates a detailed sales and marketing plan to target new opportunities
- Understands and creates pricing strategy and manages trade relationships; Facilitates targeted industry trade shows and events
- Seeks to understand B2B customers by actively gathering and leveraging information to understand current and emerging customer business priorities, problems, expectations, and needs; seeks customer feedback and suggestions for improving products and services.
- Develops a strong network of customers who apply ingredients into food or nutritional applications.
- Directly represents Hemp Oil Canada to current and prospective customers, effectively visiting these customers on a regular cadence as needed via customer visits, trade shows, Manitoba Harvest plant visits, phone calls, and e-mails, etc.
- Develops a strong project pipeline for near, mid-term, and long-term sales potential with key accounts and prospects
- Responsible for the development of fact based, analytical and compelling sales presentations and to provide ongoing education to new and existing customers
- Identifies and resolves customer issues that could impact service, retention and/or value
- Uses negotiation skills and adjusts tactics in line with opportunities to increase value in relationships and close business with new and existing partners
- Deliver P&L targets
- Provides key inputs and facilitates conversation with internal teams on suggested pricing
- Reports on sales and marketing data and KPIs and provides recommendations for optimizing performance; Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, closing, follow-up and adherence to goals
- Drives and actively manages the activities of three sales managers, giving direction and timely, specific and appropriate feedback about performance, development needs and progress; reinforces efforts and progress
Planning & Prioritization
- Develops sales forecasts/phasing and budget/gap management
- Leads the demand planning/forecasting (S&OP) process from a sales perspective, regularly reviewing to assess overflow, allocations, risks, slow moving and obsolete stocks. Also partners cross-functionally with other sales teams, marketing and supply chain colleagues
- Customer-driven/Value enhancing/Consultative
- Commercial and Business Acumen/Entrepreneurial/Creative
- Collaborative/Team building
- Communication/Facilitation Skills/Confident
- High energy level/persistent/passionate
- BA degree in business, marketing, science or related field
- Significant experience working and leading cross-functionally
- Sold ingredients for nutritional applications like granola power bars, protein bars, body builder formulations, and mainstream healthy food products
- Working knowledge of Consumer Packaged Goods
- Minimum of 6 – 10 years of sales experience within the food business-to-business channel
- Must understand the features, benefits and use of ingredients in food/beverage applications
- Ability to travel 2+ weeks per month
Tilray/Manitoba Harvest welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray/Manitoba Harvest does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray/Manitoba Harvest does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com