Network/ Systems Technician - Nanaimo, BC
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the local Manager, IT Operations the incumbent is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of Tilray’s IT infrastructure. Spanning global manufacturing and office locations, the role will support workstations and mobile devices, scanning and printing peripherals, wireless access points, audio/video equipment, business applications, Cloud services, VoIP solutions, and other technologies. The Network/Systems Technician is a key resource for the organization’s Service Desk, technology asset inventory, supply chain, and for small to mid-sized projects. This individual participates in the implementation of policies, procedures, and documentation that are consistent with company enterprise goals, industry best practices, Health Canada regulatory requirements, and GxP quality standards.
Role and Responsibilities
- Primary tier 1-2 resource for enterprise ticketing platform, effectively managing queue for individual and team performance metrics, and building increasingly robust KB.
- Support all corporate hardware: Windows workstations, laptops and tablets, Apple MacBook, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices, MFC’s, printers, projectors, and A/V equipment.
- Diagnose and repair technical issues for end users via phone, email, and remote control products such as TeamViewer and LogMeIn.
- Timely asset and supply procurement, control, and disposal in accurately maintained inventory and orderly storage areas.
- Manage all corporate servers, under guidance of Network/Systems Administrators: Active Directory, Office365, JAMF MDM, Mitel/Asterisk VoIP, Veeam, Atlassian Confluence, FreshService, EnteliWEB, Argus, Priva, and business applications – running both on-premise and Azure/AWS Cloud.
- Manage all corporate infrastructure, under guidance of Network/Systems Administrators: Dell SonicWALL and switching, Fujitsu and EqualLogic SANs, VMWare hypervisors on HP/Dell servers, and Ubiquti wireless AP’s.
- Identify, triage and resolve technical issues, determining root causes, and escalating where applicable in accordance with company SLA targets.
- Collaborate with other IT and operational staff to ensure infrastructure integrity, InfoSec priorities, and ongoing performance metrics.
- Document and adhere to business processes/procedures, create and update user guides.
- Follow established GxP quality principles of change control, document control, CAPA, and systems validation.
- Research and recommend improvements to the organization’s hardware, software, applications, and infrastructure, with business justification proposals.
- Participate in third-party vendor relationships, SLA’s, and contract negotiations.
- Develop and maintain expertise through professional development opportunities and personal studies off-hours.
- Mandatory availability as an on-call resource evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- At least 3+ years of direct work experience as a Network/Systems Technician in VMWare and Microsoft enterprise environment with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- At least one of Microsoft MCP, CompTIA Network+, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong Experience with Windows Pro 8.1/10, Apple OSX, iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets, Microsoft Office 2013/2016, Microsoft Visio 2013/2016, and Microsoft Project 2013/2016.
- Moderate experience with Windows Server 2012/2016, Group Policy, PowerShell, System Center 2016, VMWare ESX 6, SolarWinds, Cisco or HP switches and firewalls.
- Basic understanding of VLAN, OSFP, BGP, VoIP, SSL, WPA2-PSK, RADIUS, LDAP, IDS/IPS, VPN, and packet sniffing tools.
- Basic understanding of ActiveSync, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, SMB, CIFS, iSCSI, HTTPS, SSL.
- Fujitsu SAN, Private Cloud, AWS SysOps experience, ITIL, and GxP environment are assets.
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation for internal IT use and end-user training purposes, and maintaining accurate records of system configurations and inventory.
- Effective time management, task prioritization, and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team. A proven self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and highly analytical aptitude.
Ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations.
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com