CANTANHEDE - PORTUGAL
Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients around the globe?
(Please apply in english)
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing all areas of accounting and financial reporting, including accounts payable, inventory/costing, payroll, revenue recognition, tax compliance, budgeting, financial reporting, audits, and related policies and practices. This position ensures accurate and timely records and reports, and implements systems, procedures and controls to maintain the integrity of all financial data.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including processing of transactions, accurate and timely reporting of financial data and maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements and internal controls;
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation, analysis and presentation of all internal and external financial reports, statements and tax returns/filings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Analyze financial details of past and present, and build financial models for expected operations to identify development opportunities;
- Provide direction and assistance to employees performing accounting, inventory/costing, payroll, general ledger, budgeting and financial reporting duties: Senior Accountant, Accounts Payable Specialist and Payroll Specialist;
- Oversee and manage the cost accounting function; specifically provide support to the Manager, Cost Accounting;
- Act as primary liaison for financial audits with external CPA firm and other external parties;
- Provide training to the accounting personnel to develop their skills to meet future needs of the company;
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies and actions;
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the ERP system;
- Document policies and procedures, and educate employees;
- Partner with Director of Finance to implement and manage internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes, and procedures of general accounting operations;
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance to synchronize financial data and ensure consistency with values to achieve parent company goals and initiatives;
- Ensure identification of economic impact of transitions and financial project controlling.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of direct work experience in industry accounting, controlling, accounting and planning, reporting and conducting analysis; preferably with experience in a manufacturing and agricultural or pharmaceutical setting;
- 3-5 years Leadership and management experience of accounting staff in a high-growth environment;
- Knowledge and experience in export / import methods and rules;
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, PowerPoint and e-mail required with advanced Excel skills;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to work with large volumes of data and identify the most critical points;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate financial information within an organization; both to Finance and Operations;
- Self-motivated and detailed oriented individual who will drive process improvements where needed;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills;
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment;
- Able to work independently and as part of a team coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with competing priorities;
- Excellent time and project management skills;
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts;
- Fluency in English (both written as spoken) is required;
- Experience with multicultural teams (preferential).