Accountant Payable Assistant
CANTANHEDE - PORTUGAL
Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients around the globe?
(Please apply in english)
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accountant Payable Assistant will be responsible for multiple financial activities relating to accounts payable and payroll functions. Main responsibilities include efficient execution of the accounts payable function and assisting with various other accounting and payroll functions. Integrity and strong attention to detail are crucial for this role.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direction of the Finance Manager maintain general accounts payable performance levels;
- Audit purchase requests for materials, supplies, equipment, and other supplies;
- Review invoices received by the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies;
- Efficiently post invoices received by the company onto ERP system;
- Request approval from budget owner for invoice payment;
- Request payment of invoices within agreed credit terms;
- Investigate and resolve invoicing discrepancies or misapplied payment transactions;
- Monthly preparation of supplier reconciliations within specified deadlines;
- Provide information regarding Accounts Payable ageing to Finance manager within specified deadlines;
- As required, provide assistance, to finance teams during month end close and year end audits;
- Completion of credit applications for review and signature;
- Under the guidance of Payroll Manager, provide assistance for the administration of payroll for all company employees including auditing payroll processing reports for accuracy;
- Prepare journal entries and forms, for payroll and AP as required;
- Handle inquiries arising from questions about purchase invoices, payment of invoices and payroll, etc. as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 3 years of experience preferred;
- Good knowledge of accounting;
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner;
- Strong work ethic along with a high level of moral judgement for handling confidential information and monetary transactions;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills in order to manage challenging situations;
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills with the ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with departments across the organization, key business partners, and government agencies;
- Must have strong problem identification and resolution skills;
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is required;
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications.