(Cantanhede - Portugal)
Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients around the globe?
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resource Generalist, will be responsible for maintaining and administration of Human Resource policies and programs. Additionally, as a partner will collaborate with the Human Resource staff to assist management and employees to work towards departmental and company goals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supports recruitment and onboarding needs including completing recruitment projections, screening, interviewing, and testing applicants; making offers, collecting onboarding materials, reporting on progress.
- Provides direction on leave and disability programs.
- Provides new hire orientations and training on matters related to human resources and or health and safety to management and employees
- Documents human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Supports the planning of on-site initiatives, events and projects.
- Coordinate the planning, scheduling, delivery and recording of training and or social events.
- Maintain statistics, records, and prepare reports upon request.
- Facilitate and promote a collective team approach that enhances our corporate culture based on company values across the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Formal post-secondary education and/or training in Human Resources or equivalent experience
- Certified Human Resource Professional designation would be an asset
- 5 years prior experience working in a similar role
- Excellent level of English (both written and verbal)
- Ability to be the visible, front-line representative for human resources on site
- Strong administrative, multi-tasking, time management, and planning and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven professionalism and confidentiality
- Strong computer proficiency, specifically using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Office etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication (both written and verbal), and relationship-building skills
- Presentation skills are an asset
- Flexible, open, and approachable attitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as within a collaborative team setting