Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients around the globe?
Reporting to the Strategic Program Manager, the Project Manager supports the initiatives (projects) across Tilray to align business activities to the vision and strategy of the organization, improve internal and external communications, and monitor organization performance against strategic goals. The Project Manager effectively manages multiple and multi-site projects of varying complexity within set timelines.
Role and Responsibilities
Support and Make Transparent our Corporate Strategy:
- Ongoing communication with stakeholders across departments and divisions to align business activities to the vision and strategy of the organization, improve internal and external communications, and monitor organization performance against strategic goals.
- Champion and produce key dashboards and reports that track projects, programs and KPIs/Measures & Targets across the business to guide strategic planning and support internal communications.
Project and Program Management:
- Under the Program Manager, coordinate different work groups across multiple sites, nationally and internationally, to accomplish specific goals in a project format, tracking deliverables and timelines, such that progress on the project is visible to all
- Create detailed work plans to identify and sequence activities needed to successfully complete projects, in addition to evaluation measures and objectives; to include Change Control implementation plans, where applicable
- Actively escalate serious issues with projects in progress, including delays or conflicting use of resources, to enable decision-making by leadership team members
- Coordinate appropriate and effective filing to ensure documentation is secure and accessible
- Support colleagues on the use of tools employed by the PMO (e.g. Confluence, Smartsheet) to enable their successful use of those same tools and encourage the principles of transparency and accountability across the work streams
- Responsible for proactive leadership of related internal and external participants to ensure timely problem-solving capabilities and responses
- Responsible for informing and assisting team members, company personnel and/or consulting personnel to promote the coordination and collaboration among project team members
- Responsible for undertaking any special tasks requested by Senior Management as they relate to ongoing projects and preparation of future projects
- Pro-actively collaborate with multiple departments of varying company sites to determine and define specific business needs and objectives within the project
- Responsible for assisting project members in the successful planning, development and administration of specific project issues. This may require defining scope, estimating labour, technology and capital resources, scheduling resources and measuring and reporting performance
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Post-secondary bachelor’s degree
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Project Management certification or working towards designation is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders from diverse professional backgrounds, and – at times – located in diverse geographical areas/time zones (via phone and web)
- 5+ years of experience managing complex, time sensitive projects
- Experience and comfort/high tolerance for a fast-paced, changeable work environment
- Ability to cope with minimal supervision for stretches of time
- Ability to travel across Tilray sites, including across international borders within Europe, and possibly beyond Europe.
- Fluent in English and able to speak and understand in other languages such as French, Spanish, German is an asset
- Experience in a business environment required, with experience in high growth or startup an asset
- Computer literacy, required, advanced Excel skills an asset. Experience with project planning software (e.g. Smartsheet) preferred
- Behave ethically
- Experience and understanding of basic accounting and financial assessments
- Must have effective Communication skills: the ability to speak, listen and write using professional tools and techniques.
- A history of Teamwork: cooperatively enhancing organizational effectiveness.
- Strong and competent Decision-making: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.