(Cantanhede - Portugal)
Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients around the globe?
Reporting to the Manager, IT Operations the incumbent is responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, and continuous improvement of Tilray’s IT infrastructure. This is a hands-on role that directly contributes towards the day-to-day operational support of all global sites. This includes wide-area and local networks, datacenter operations, SAN storage, Cloud services, video surveillance, access control, and VoIP solutions. The Network Systems Analyst is a key resource in moderate to large-sized projects, managing all the organization’s distributed systems, applications, and hardware, in addition to ensuring the optimized performance, integrity, and security for all IT infrastructure elements. This individual participates in the implementation of policies, procedures, and documentation that are consistent with company enterprise goals, industry best practices, Health Canada regulatory requirements, and GxP quality standards.
Role and Responsibilities
- Strategic capacity planning, network and system design, Cloud services and/or datacenter integration, project management, and daily tier 1-3 Service Desk support and escalations.
- Documentation of network/systems configuration, processes, and change management – and/or validation of 3rd-party vendor proposals, tables, and diagrams.
- Build, manage, and support and all corporate infrastructure: Dell SonicWALL and switching, Fujitsu and EqualLogic SANs, VMWare hypervisors on HP/Dell servers, and Ubiquti wireless AP’s.
- Build, manage, and support all system services: Active Directory, Office365, JAMF MDM, Mitel/Asterisk VoIP, Veeam, Atlassian Confluence, FreshService, EnteliWEB, Argus, Priva, and business applications – running both on-premise and Azure/AWS Cloud.
- Support all corporate hardware: Windows workstations, laptops and tablets, Apple MacBook, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices, MFC’s, printers, projectors, and A/V equipment.
- Monitor PRTG alerts and infrastructure assets to ensure optimal uptime and performance.
- Identify, triage and resolve technical issues, determining root causes, and escalating where applicable in accordance with company SLA targets.
- Collaborate with other IT and operational staff to ensure infrastructure integrity, InfoSec priorities, and ongoing performance metrics.
- Determine backup and recovery strategies for all data stored on the enterprise network.
- Provide technical input into Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans for high availability of datacenter services.
- Senior resource for enterprise FreshService ticketing platform, categorizing issues, setting priority, and building increasingly robust Knowledge Base.
- Diagnose and repair technical issues for end users via phone, email, and remote control products such as TeamViewer and LogMeIn.
- Follow established GxP quality principles of change control, document control, CAPA, and systems validation.
- Research and recommend improvements to the organization’s hardware, software, applications, and infrastructure, with business justification proposals.
- Manage third-party vendor relationships, SLA’s, and contract negotiations.
- Develop and maintain expertise through professional development opportunities and personal studies off-hours.
- Mandatory availability as an on-call resource evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- At least 10+ years of direct work experience as a Network/Systems Administrator in VMWare and Microsoft enterprise environment with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- At least one of Microsoft MCSE, VMWare VCP, Cisco CCNP, or equivalent work experience.
- ITIL Practitioner level, Atlassian Confluence, Fujitsu ETERNUS, EqualLogic, Private Cloud, Genetec Security Center, AWS SysOps experience, and GxP environment are assets.
- Advanced knowledge of VLAN, OSFP, BGP, VoIP, SSL, WPA2-PSK, RADIUS, LDAP, IDS/IPS, VPN, and packet sniffing tools.
- Advanced knowledge of ActiveSync, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, SMB, CIFS, iSCSI, HTTPS, TLS, SSL.
- Extensive experience with Windows Server 2012/2016, Group Policy, PowerShell, System Center 2016, VMWare ESX 6, SolarWinds, Cisco or HP switches and firewalls.
- Advanced knowledge in system and network architecture, design, configuration, disaster recovery, business continuity, storage management, and performance monitoring.
- Experience with Windows Pro 8.1/10, Apple OSX, iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets, Microsoft Office 2013/2016, Microsoft Visio 2013/2016, and Microsoft Project 2013/2016.
- Proven strong ability to write concise, detailed technical documentation for internal IT use and end-user training purposes, including detailed network diagrams, system processes, and maintaining accurate records of system configurations and inventory.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders, and develop detailed task lists from start-to-finish.
- Effective time management, task prioritization, and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team. A proven self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and highly analytical aptitude.