Packaging Technician, Nanaimo B.C
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting into the Manufacturing Supervisor, the Packaging Technician will successfully learn all Packaging Activities (Core Skills & Competencies) within 6 months of continuous employment. The Packaging Technician will learn to aid in the ongoing improvement of Manufacturing systems.
Role and Responsibilities
- Attitude; positive outlook, willingness to learn and contribute to company success
- Ensuring the effective execution of Packaging tasks within established company policy, procedure and requirements (Safety, Quality, Compliance)
- Learning to work at a level of performance identifiable with world class organizations with the goal of continuous process improvement every day
- Learning the steps to weigh whole, dried flower in a safe manner while adhering to quality standards
- Learning the steps to place whole, dried flower into a jar and seal a cap onto the jar in a safe manner while adhering to quality standards
- Learning the process for setting up packaging equipment
- Understanding each of the processes inside the Packaging room
- Learning how to identify and communicate with Manufacturing manager or his or her designate any quality or equipment issues during the packaging process
- Daily housekeeping tasks in each processing room and common space within the Facility
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one-year relevant working experience
- Ability to work in a results oriented, challenging environment
- Basic computer skills considered an asset
- Positive outlook, willingness to learn and contribute to company success
- Maintain confidentiality and attain necessary skills/competencies
- Ability to take direction and follow all company policies/procedures
- Dependable and punctual
- Positive contribution and personal commitment/responsibility