Health, Safety and Environment Assistant, Internship
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator (OHSC) and Environmental Management Coordinator (EMC), the role of Health, Safety and Environment Assistant will be to aid in the implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive range of health and safety and environmental programs that align with the goals of Tilray’s Health, Safety and Environment department.
Pioneer the Future with Tilray!
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the OHSC and EMC in the implementation of Tilray's programs, policies and procedures
- Conduct tasks for the Chemical Management Program, including but not limited to cross-departmental chemical audits, updating chemical inventories and SDS sheets
- Participate in risk assessments of all company activities and the development of recommendations
- Assist in the implementation of the Tilray Nanaimo Spill Program. Tasks include the creation of spill kit audits, spill containment and clean up procedures in accordance to applicable regulations
- Collaborate with the OHS and EMC in site incident investigations and corrective action
- Work with both the OHS and EMC to ensure that hazardous materials are properly labelled, stored, transported, and disposed of in accordance with provincial regulations
- Participate in the evaluation of waste management options with the goal of reducing, reusing, and recycling material produced on site
- Assist in the development of safe work practices and procedures
- Assist in creating and updating various baseline data sets for use in programs on site
- Assist in the development of training modules
- Maintain HSE training records database
- Maintain incident investigation files
- Undertake HSE tasks as required
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Recent graduate of, or in the process of obtaining degree in Environmental Sciences, Health and Safety, Human Resources, Business or another related field
- General knowledge of WHMIS/GHS
- Have excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
- Highly capable of multi-tasking with minimal supervision
- Able to interface directly with cross-functional teams
- Experience in the HSE field an asset