Internal Audit Manager/Senior - Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Director of internal Audit, the Internal Audit Manager is responsible for independent assessment and evaluation of risks, internal controls, processes and management. This role will provide the opportunity to combine your technical, auditing and people skills to effectively advise and support the enterprise on risk related matters. You will join a dedicated and motivated team with exposure to multiple lines of business within.
Roles and responsibilities
- Implementation and management of internal controls with respect to Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR).
- Documentation of processes to identify any control gaps corresponding to identified risks.
- Perform testing on design of controls.
- Mapping of key controls against identified risks.
- Review processes and identify opportunities for risk mitigation through proposing new controls or revising existing controls.
- Recommend remediation plans for control deficiencies.
- Evaluate significant deficiencies and material weaknesses.
- Monitor changes in business processes, information systems, management and operations, and coordinate with functional staff to ensure mitigation of risks of error and fraud.
- Support new system and project initiatives from a strategic finance and internal control perspective.
- Participate in the year-end internal controls reporting and preparation of certifications.
- Work with external auditors to ensure audits and related projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
- University degree in Business/Accounting
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required with Chartered Accountant (CA) focus
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience including public practice and working in publicly traded companies
- 3 or more years experience with a big 4 accounting firm in internal audit, advisory, risk, or compliance would be considered an asset.
- Strong technical internal controls compliance skills
- Cost accounting experience within manufacturing or retail preferred
- Experience working in companies owned by private equity firms or publicly traded companies
- Experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management
- Experience in working with COSO framework
- Experience with Bill 198 and/or SOX certification