System/Data Migration Analyst - Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Director of Acquisition Integration, with a dotted line reporting to the Director of IT Business Applications, this experienced System/Data Migration Analyst will support implementation of Tilray’s ERP and other systems for all acquisitions. This includes a solid understanding of ERP and how other systems can be seamlessly migrated. Additionally, the incumbent will work with users to convert data into format ready for uploading/migrating data into Tilray, setting up user testing, identifying system gaps and provide solutions, and identify system improvements.
Roles and responsibilities
- Provide support in identifying, analyzing, planning and executing the ERP system design and implementations
- Work across the organization and business leaders to support them as the ERP system is designed
- Document process flows; create procedure manuals for the functions performed
- Facilitate technical meetings to define solutions, functional specifications, implementation plans, effort, identify resources and schedule activities
- Contribute to the development of methods to improve business processes, reduce risks, increase controls and/or increase customer satisfaction
- Develop solutions; work-flowchart and diagrams; study system capabilities; analyze alternative solutions; preparing system specifications
- Develop project estimates by identifying phases and elements, personnel requirements, and costs ERP system roll-out; support and development
- Responsible to drive migration activities, data cleansing, data mapping, loads and documentations
- Communicate information effectively to customers, managers, and technical staff.
- Maintain issues log, release log, and decision/ approvals log
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project
- Work within the SDLC Framework
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience with ERP systems migration, including design and implementations required
- Experience using Acumatica software is an asset
- Demonstrated experience identifying system & process improvements and documentation
- Experience with defining the required functions (data mappings), interfaces and detailed technical plan including data formats, data extraction, data cleansing, and data migration from source systems to target systems
- Hands on experience in MS excel functionalities required for data preparation
- Understanding of data validation & reconciliation and cutover activities
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- Working knowledge on reporting tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI
- Must demonstrate the ability to think critically and solve problems in a timely manner
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements and/ or process workforce