Quality Assurance Assistant - Leamington, Ontario
High Park Company is a wholly‐owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical‐grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult‐use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Assistant will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing monitoring of the quality assurance systems. The Quality Assurance Assistant is responsible for supporting the company’s Quality Assurance, production, maintenance and facilities departments.
Roles and responsibilities
- Performs QA monitoring in all areas of manufacturing processes and communicates results to respective area stakeholders
- Assists in quality assurance activities and ensure compliance with Health Canada’s guidelines pertaining to manufacturing, processing, packaging, labeling, shipping
- Ensure compliance with regulations through internal auditing and quality systems by performing audits in production, manufacturing, facilities and maintenance for inventory, GDP, GPP and process quality compliance. Communicates any non‐compliances to respective department stakeholders
- Participates in investigation activities associated with problems or failures within the overall quality assurance systems, to analyze root cause, to propose appropriate corrective action, and to document with deviation reporting tools
- Maintaining accurate record keeping and cleanliness of work area
- Liaise closely with colleagues and provides required QA training for all areas of the production and manufacturing facility to ensure efficient resolution of quality related issues
- Provides support to ensure compliance of Change Control System, Complaints System, Validation System and Deviation Investigation Reports (DIR), including Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA)
- Post‐secondary diploma or certificate in a technical discipline required
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Food, Physical, or Biological Sciences preferred) is an asset
- Previous experience in a quality assurance role would be an asset
- Detail oriented and self‐directed in execution of tasks required
- Strong critical thinking and leadership skills
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
- Keen learner, who continually strives to improve their skills and knowledge
- Motivated team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Must possess a willingness to learn with a positive attitude; good communication and time management skills
- Chemistry and Plant Biology knowledge is an asset
- Familiarity with the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations is an asset