High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Purchasing Assistant - London, ON
Reporting to the Procurement Supervisor, the Purchasing Assistant is responsible for assisting the procurement team with the purchasing of commodities, supplies, equipment, and services to be used by the organization. The Purchasing Assistant will coordinate their efforts to maintain good documentation, reconcile any discrepancies and support reporting needs.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Support incoming receiving of discrepancies
- Complete Non-Conformance reports
- Setup and maintain item cards
- Issue Sales and Marketing purchase orders
- Supports supplier bidding process with RFQs to suppliers and summary returned information as requested.
- Assists in reporting on suppliers compliance to on time delivery, terms and conditions, supply contracts and product specifications.
- Supports documentation of the Product Specification creation/revision process
- Supporting communication flow between suppliers and A/P to insure timely and accurate payments to suppliers.
- Support supplier quality issues including return material authorization, cause and corrective action documentation and supplier credits.
- Support updates in the planning system to insure accurate purchasing resulting actions.
- Support orders for components, print/labels and packaging to support manufacturing of finished goods and end-item deliveries
- Follow up with transportation to insure timely pick up from manufacturing and delivery to other suppliers, distribution centers or end-order fulfillment.
- Support production material planning integration with printing production tickets and associated production resources
- Provide support to Planner to develop, publish, and maintain Production Schedule for manufacturing site
- Support reporting for material /capacity availability and production schedules
- Degree/diploma in Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Materials Management or related field preferred or a minimum of 3 years’ experience directly related to purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Working experience in the Manufacturing industry preferred
- Prior experience using an ERP system preferred.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment required.
- Excellent attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and strategy based on defined corporate goals and initiatives.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.