High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Operational Procurement Manager - London, ON
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operational Procurement Manager is responsible for the direction of activities of buyers and support personnel to accomplish company objectives as well as tactical procurement of commodities, supplies, equipment, and services to be used by the organization. This individual will utilize expert knowledge to purchase goods and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable price for the company, while simultaneously building and maintaining a strong procurement group and strategic relationships with key suppliers. Responsibilities will include the strategic forecasting, contract negotiation, development of purchasing policies and procedures for ensuring the availability of all necessary materials required to support the manufacturing process, release scheduling of inbound raw materials and components, and ensuring adequate stock levels for production requirements.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the purchasing activities of the organization
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget
- Interview, select, coach, train, manage and appraise the performance of associated personnel and mentor staff
- Negotiate major purchases, develop blanket or master agreements with suppliers and engage in all aspects of contract management
- Negotiates corporate contracts, supply agreements with suppliers to favorably impact quality cost, and continuity of supply
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of reports and statistics related to the purchasing function for upper management
- Source, Negotiate, Contract & Execute agreements to fulfill business needs, primarily for high value specialty Materials & Services not available on existing agreements
- Liaising with departments, manage project related teams and initiatives, process improvements and process expertise for Procurement & Stores
- Commodity Management support (Assisting in Implementing process improvements and Supplier Integration, etc.)
- As applicable, lead and aid in-the-development-of and instituting optimized processes which may include; systems, procurement operations, commodity management interfaces, materials, logistics, contract management, supplier management and contract administration.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate supply chain activities
- Develop and implement purchasing/inventory policies including the development, implementation and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Stay current with internal and external factors impacting procurement function
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must have either a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Materials Management or 5-7 years practical experience or a combination of education and experience.
- 7-10 years' progressive experience in a Supply Chain Management role, Procurement or Materials Management. At least 5 years in a supervisory or management role
- Possess or working toward a Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) designation or registration in the educational program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (preferred but not required)
- Comprehensive experience drafting vendor agreements including the ability to strategically assess and mitigate risk with vendors and suppliers through well-structured agreements.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts and theories
- Exceptional forecasting ability with strong analytical and interpretive skills
- Demonstrated work experience of successful “Just In Time” (JIT) management required
- Knowledge of local and global markets for the industry
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent time and project management skills
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.