High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Human Resource Manager (Human Resource Business Partner) - Petrolia, ON
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resource Manager (HRBP), will be a responsible for maintaining and administration of High Park Human Resource policies and programs. Additionally, you will partner and collaborate with the Human Resource staff to assist management and employees to work towards departmental and company goals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Provides site support as a business partner focusing on the support of operational goals and targets through effective Human Resource practices, procedures and programs.
- Develops a human resource department focused on collaboration, care, being steadfast, the pursuit of excellence and acting with integrity.
- Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including onboarding, performance management, investigations, compensation, benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supports recruitment and onboarding needs including completing recruitment projections, screening, interviewing as needed, onboarding people leaders, reporting on progress and developing a continuous improvement focus on our onboarding experience.
- Provides direction on leave and disability programs.
- Provides new hire orientations and training on matters related to human resources and or health and safety to management and employees
- Documents human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Supports the planning of on-site initiatives, events and projects.
- Coordinate the planning, scheduling, delivery and recording of training and or social events.
- Maintain statistics, records, and prepare reports upon request.
- Facilitate and promote a collective team approach that enhances our corporate culture based on company values across the organization.
- Formal post-secondary education and/or training in Human Resources or equivalent experience
- Certified Human Resource Professional designation would be an asset
- 3-5 years prior experience working in a similar role
- Ability to be the visible, front-line representative for human resources on site
- Strong administrative, multi-tasking, time management, and planning and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven professionalism and confidentiality
- Strong computer proficiency, specifically using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Office etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication (both written and verbal), and relationship-building skills
- Presentation skills are an asset
- Flexible, open, and approachable attitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as within a collaborative team setting
- Ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada ACMPR regulations
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.