Director of Supply Chain, Europe
CANTANHEDE - PORTUGAL
Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients around the globe?
Please Apply in English
Reporting to the Global VP of Supply Chain, the Director of Supply Chain – Europe, will lead the development and implementation of business-driven strategies and implementation of solutions to support business and customer demand. The incumbent is responsible for implementation of best practices in the areas of Demand Planning, Supply Planning, and Logistics/co-manufacturing.
Role and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and propose new solutions to drive excellence and efficiencies throughout the entire value chain. In this role, the Director is responsible for implementation of pragmatic solutions to meet/exceed customer and business requirements.
- Develop/enhance supply chain KPIs, reports, and business processes/cadences to ensure continuous improvements.
- In collaboration with Sales, Marketing, and Operations develop inventory, procurement, and customer service strategies to support the commercial needs of the organization.
- Identify resource gaps, system requirements, and develop short and long term solutions accordingly
- Implement and maintain best practices in demand forecasting and planning, order management, supply and inventory management, Sales and Operations Planning, 3rd part relationships, and in collaboration with operational buyers develop and implement strategic procurement activities
- An established track record of providing service excellence and innovative solutions in a dynamic business environment undergoing significant growth and process transformation.
- As a senior leader work collaboratively with other stakeholders to define and implement strategic inititatives in support of growth objectives
- A track record of building and motivating teams of committed, dedicated well-aligned professionals that deliver results; a collaborative approach; proven ability to achieve results through others.
- Develops and orchestrates system wide supply chain optimizations in the areas of revenue growth, cost, delivery, and working capital. Recommends new capacity or other supply projects/sources
- Leads collaborative efforts across internal partners to solve complex supply chain issues
- Implements supply chain innovations in the areas of collaboration, capable to promise, order fulfilment, and planning optimization
Qualifications and education requirements
- BS or MS in Business, Engineering, Sciences or other related field
- Knowledge of SAGE ERP is considered an asset
- At least 5-10 years of progressive leadership experience in end-to-end supply chain / operations management
- Previous experience in developing and implementing reporting, KPIs
- CPG background is highly desired
- Must be systems savvy and be able to navigate through information / data in an evolving environement
- Good level of English is mandatory