Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference
Please apply in English
Reporting to the IT Supervisor, the Business/Systems Analyst studies business composition, processes, and informational needs of an organization with the goal of developing solutions to enhance effectiveness of company application systems and Electronic Data Platforms. This includes analyzing user requirements, processes, procedures, and problems to automate or improve efficiencies, drive user adoption, increase system capabilities, workflows, and scheduling. the role provides ongoing technical sustainment and training for transaction processing modules that include manufacturing, distribution, finance, and inventory, resolving break/fix issues to ensure orders are successfully processed and accurate. The incumbent is a key resource in mid to large-sized projects, and responsible for ongoing continuous improvement. This individual participates in the implementation of policies, procedures, and documentation that are consistent with company enterprise goals, industry best practices, Infarmed regulatory requirements, and GxP quality standards.
Role and Responsibilities
- Identify projects requirements by interfacing with production teams, analyze operations, determine project scope, document results, document process flows, create procedure manuals for the functions performed.
- Facilitate technical meetings to define solutions, functional specifications, implementation plans, effort, identify resources, and schedule activities.
- Contribute to the development of methods to improve business processes, reduce risks, increase controls and/or increase customer satisfaction.
- Develop solutions, workflow charts and diagrams, study system capabilities, analyze alternative solutions, prepare system specifications.
- Develop project estimates by identifying phases and elements, personnel requirements, costs, ERP implementation, support and development.
- Develop and maintain systems by researching and resolving problems, working closely with IT and Finance teams to maintain system integrity and security.
- Maintain service quality levels by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Communicate information effectively to customers, collaborate with other department managers and technical staff.
- Maintain issues log, release log, and decision/approval log.
- Understand business unit workflows and how to use technology solutions to support.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
- Organize and manage reports, generic inquiries, establish naming conventions, report commissioning and ongoing management.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional equivalents, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for daily use by system operators.
- Ensure data quality, develop and publish enterprise data standards including a common business vocabulary, transformation rules, and related enterprise consistent specifications.
- Provide business process improvement, ERP adoption and training, isolate and escalate application incidents and problems.
- Follow established GxP quality principles of change control, document control, CAPA, and systems validation.
- Participate in third-party vendor relationships, SLA’s, and contract negotiations.
- Develop and maintain expertise through professional development opportunities and personal studies off-hours.
- Mandatory availability as an on-call resource evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- At least 3+ years of direct work experience as a Business/Systems Analyst in an ERP environment, with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Experience with Acumatica ERP and SDLC framework are assets.
- Proven ability with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel advanced functions.
- Strong analytical skills, with a thorough understanding of interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements and/or process workflows.
- Experience with project delivery framework, application development, and/or program management experience.
- Effective time management, task prioritization, and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team. A proven self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and highly analytical aptitude.