High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Health & Safety Advisor
Reporting to the Health and Safety Officer, the Health and Safety Advisor, will be a responsible for the maintenance and administration of site construction Health & Safety orientation and programs, in accordance with High Park Farms Health and Safety programs and legal regulatory requirements. You will take a proactive approach to health & safety to drive continuous improvement, and help promote a positive safety culture across our site. Additionally, you will collaborate with the Health and Safety Officer to assist in the delivery of contractor orientation, practices, procedures and policies as and contractor management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the site superintendent take responsibility for maintaining a safe work site by conducting site walks and collecting tools box talks etc.
- Support site safety by reinforcing and training on High Park Farms Health & Safety policies and objectives including construction sites.
- Ensure organizational policies and safety philosophy are understood and adhered to
- Stay abreast of new and revised legislation, industry trends and best practices to make recommendations on keeping programs up to date
- Support on-site projects with regards to health and safety
- Support the development of site specific Emergency Response Plans and Contractor Safety Management
- Manage the administration of health and safety tasks
- Support incident investigations using root cause analysis, documentation and standardized processes, and recommending/implementing effective correction and/or prevention measures
- Coordinate with H&S Officer to ensure all health and safety reports are completed and documented in a timely manner, including but not limited to WSIB and OH&S forms
- Carry out both scheduled and unscheduled health and safety and inspections to identify, document, and report existing and potential hazards (near-misses), and recommend corrective and/or preventative measures
- Conduct reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of the health & safety policies and programs that are in place, and identify gaps and propose solutions
- Management of Personal Protective Equipment
- Coordinate the planning, scheduling, delivery and recording of the ‘Health and Safety Training Orientation and Curriculum’ to contractors
- Support health and safety communication plans and ongoing communication of Health and Safety Program status, changes, issues, challenges and metrics.
- Facilitate and promote a collective team approach to safety across the organization
- Collaborate with the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Maintain statistics, records, and monitor incidents, and prepare Health and Safety reports upon request
- Maintain and enforce health & safety regulations, policies, practices and procedures on site on an ongoing basis
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Formal education and/or training in Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent experience
- Certified Health and Safety Professional i.e. CRSP®/PSAC® or CSSE would be an asset
- Prior experience working in a similar role, preferably in a greenhouse, food, pharmaceutical or construction industry is an asset
- Strong knowledge of the OHSA and other related Health and Safety legislation
- Safety knowledge in Fall Protection, Heat Stress, Safe Lifting and WHMIS
- Ability to be the visible, front-line representative for health and safety on site
- Knowledge and practical experience in incident investigation and site inspections is an asset
- Strong administrative, multi-tasking, time management, and planning and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer proficiency, specifically using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Office etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication (both written and verbal), and relationship-building skills
- Presentation skills are an asset
- Flexible, open, and approachable attitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as within a collaborative team setting
- Ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada ACMPR regulations.
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.