Pricing Analyst, Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Marketing Insights Manager, t
he Pricing Analyst will be responsible for defining and developing the 2019 pricing strategy at the national & regional level and annually thereafter. Leveraging sales data, analytics & competitive market data, the Pricing Analyst will identify opportunities and provide strategic pricing recommendations to drive sales and profitability.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understand the product/brand values and differentiators to translate them into pricing models
- Play a key role in defining, optimizing and implementing pricing processes
- Perform proactive data analysis and identification of price improvement opportunities including sales, profitability, customer strategies, etc.
- Define and build pricing strategies for each year to optimize sales and profitability at the national & regional level
- Develop tracking and post-mortem reporting for marketing and sales to understand performance across executed promotions, price changes/strategies, and new product launches
- Track competitive pricing, analyze trends, identify opportunities & provide strategic pricing recommendations
- Identify and investigate price discrepancies through interaction with cross-functional partners including finance, sales and marketing
- Review existing price agreements and initiate updates and changes as required
- Ensure backups for all pricing tasks are properly recorded for audit purposes
- Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, or equivalent working experience
- Five years working experience, ideally in a pricing related position
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively source information, influence, obtain approvals, build relationships, and provide sufficient influence to achieve success
- Strong data management and analytical skills with strict attention to detail and the ability to develop business insights and effectively communicate them to the business
- Creative problem solver and strategic thinker with a strong work ethic. Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple projects effectively and work independently in a fast-paced environment