|Position: Accounting Manager-Leamington|
|Job Id: 913|
|# of Openings: 1|
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents
Accounting Manager - Leamington, ON
Reporting to the Manager Finance Operations, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the day-to-day accounting activities in High Park Gardens. They will also be responsible for the management and administration of the Finance Department including the preparation, administration and monitoring of: accounts payable and payroll staff, monthly accounting processes and assisting with financial reporting.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure that all monthly, quarterly and annual financial accounting activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Monitor and analyze accounting data and assist in the production of accurate financial reports or statements.
• Record all business transactions, process accruals and adjustments, balance sheet reconciliations and assist in the preparation of monthly accounting statements.
• Review financial data for accuracy, correctness and completeness.
• Reconcile revenue, AR and AP.
• Manage all activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, payroll, and special projects accounting.
• Manage and assist in the cash management process including reconciliations and weekly forecasting.
• Prepare federal and provincial tax reporting returns on a quarterly basis.
• Develop and maintain accounting files and records.
• Supervise assigned staff and assist in the completion of their related activities.
• Provide support and financial expertise to all departments.
• Keep abreast of federal, provincial and municipal developments, laws and policies that may affect the financial operations of the organization.
• Assist in the development of standard accounting procedures to improve financial operation efficiency.
• Assist with creating and updating internal controls, policies, and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• BA in Accounting or Finance. Professional designation (CPA, CGA, CMA or CA) preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years’ of experience in a similar role
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in supervision staff required.
• Strong knowledge of IFRS required. Experience with US GAAP is an asset
• Flexibility and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously are required.
• Proven ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team with demonstrated interpersonal skills that promote mutually beneficial, respectful and professional relationships.
• Excellent communication skills with all levels of an organization and proven ability to write concise reports to various audiences.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects and deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
• Solid organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
• Ability to work within a dynamic fast paced, work environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to represent information that is appropriately tailored to any level of the organization.
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts with attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Solid understanding of accounting software (ERP systems including sub-modules preferred).
• PC skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred), along with the ability to adapt to and learn new software.
• Must have the ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations.
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|