|Position: General Manager-Leamington|
|Job Id: 914|
|# of Openings: 1|
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
General Manager - Leamington
Reporting to Tilray's Chief Operating Officer, the General Manager (GM) will have primary responsibility for the leadership and overall administration of our cannabis production and processing operation located in Leamington, ON. The GM is responsible for the efficient and lean operation to manufacture quality cannabis products. The GM will leverage resources to implement best practices and establish a new operating location. The GM will have fiscal responsibility for staffing, manufacturing and the plant. As a trusted leader, the GM will provide direction to the management team to achieve optimal performance and growth while improving the cost of goods sold and ensuring the quality of goods produced in the facility.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for driving the processing facility to achieve and surpass production targets for all product lines, cost targets, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
• Accountable for ensuring products meet quality standards and specifications. Utilizing Key Process Indicators (KPI’s) to formulate end-to-end processes which are efficient and ensure orders are processed and delivered on time.
• Motivate and lead a high-performance leadership team. This includes the ability to attract, recruit, retain and develop highly talented and motivated individuals to help support business growth.
• Budget preparation and Inventory management for all production activities conducted at the facility.
• Accountable for ensuring all Corporate Quality Standards are met.
• Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
• Spearhead the development and implementation of effective production strategies and processes.
• Manage the morale in the facility by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers.
• Develop and sustain an effective and efficient knowledge transfer capability within the facility in order to support broader Corporate objectives.
• Ensure the facility complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, best practices
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business discipline required
• 10+ years of progressive experience in operations and production management, with experience in the perishable food, agribusiness, or beverage industry required. Cannabis product production and processing experience strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
• Experience in procurement, commissioning and qualification of manufacturing equipment and plant service equipment.
• Knowledge of and experience in LEAN Manufacturing and Key Process Indicators (KPI’s), preference being given to experience in agribusiness
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Provincial and Federal Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
• Demonstrated ability to instill a culture of high performance, accountability, and quality
• Demonstrated interpersonal savvy and relationship management/networking skills
• Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and manage through difficult situations
• Excellent ability to delegate and can effect change through others without direct involvement
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Exercises innovative tactics and encourages others to demonstrate creative approaches
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|