|Position: Quality Assurance Manager-Petrolia, ON|
|Job Id: 917|
|# of Openings: 1|
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Quality Assurance Manager-Petrolia, ON
Reporting to the Sr Quality Manager, the Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for the coordination of work to ensure the successful implementation of High Park Farms, Ltd. quality management system in pursuance of regulatory compliance and achievement of business goals. The Quality Assurance Manager will work closely with production, maintenance, facilities and shipping teams to ensure that quality standards are established, implemented and maintained throughout all manufacturing operations.
Through the effective management of targets, goals and production efficiencies, the Quality Assurance Manager will ensure the ongoing success of the Quality Assurance team. The Quality Assurance Manager will improve quality inspection, monitoring, documentation and other in-house processes with the objective of constant improvement of quality processes. The Quality Assurance Manager will support the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the quality assurance systems in strict compliance with the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee High Park Farms Petrolia Quality Assurance department as per the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations pertaining to production, processing, packaging, labeling in compliance with Good Production Practices.
• Establish and enforce Good Production Practices (GPP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), and Quality Assurance standards
• Support continuous quality improvement of High Park Farms Petrolia cannabis production and manufacturing through reinforcement of product quality programs, creation of specifications, and performance and oversight of various auditing and investigation actions
• Prepare and maintain batch records; manage batch approval and release process, including final review and batch approval
• Review regulations, documents and reports pertaining to the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations.
• Participate in Health Canada inspections
• Ensure compliance with regulations through internal auditing and quality systems
• Manage and be accountable for a team of Quality Assurance staff
• Interact with production and department managers to manage a well-run quality assurance program
• Oversee preparation of Deviation Investigation Reports, including Root Cause Analysis and Corrective and Preventative Action plans
• Manage procedures and processes pertaining to change control, incidents, complaints, deviations and recalls
• Oversee the site IQ/OQ/PQ program for equipment and processes.
• Responsible for the investigation of all product related complaints.
• Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
• Motivate members through the setting of clear expectations
• Coordinate with other supervisors, leads, and managers to obtain maximum use of resources
• Plan for manpower and equipment needs
• Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery
• Provide leadership for problem and conflict resolution
• Identify and determine quality and productivity related problems and solutions
• Coordinate and oversee employee work assignments and special projects
• Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures
• Perform other tasks as may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Food, Physical, or Biological Sciences preferred)
• 3+ years of experience as a Quality Manager or Supervisor in a GPP, GMP and/or HACCP regulated environment required.
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Direct experience participating in, managing, or conducting quality audits and inspections
• Strong and current knowledge of Good Production Practice, Good Documentation Practice
• Familiarity with the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations
• Proficiency quality management systems, documentation, testing methods
• Proficient in English (proficient or functional in French is considered an asset)
• Experience establishing and maintaining version-controlled standards, policies, procedures and work flows
• Proficient understanding of plant products and related test methodology is an asset
• Chemistry and Plant Biology knowledge is an asset
• Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
• Must have the ability to obtain security clearance status under the Cannabis act and Cannabis Regulations
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|