Manufacturing Technician - Purification, Nanaimo, BC
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and
excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the for efront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Processing Supervisor, the Purification technician will lead the production of extracted, purified, and distilled Cannabis products (Core Skills & Competencies) while training and developing operational technicians. The purification technician will aid in the ongoing improvement of Tilray processing systems in strict compliance with Health Canada’s Access to Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR).
Role and Responsibilities
- To work in a culture that supports a philosophy of “Improving Lives Through Medical Cannabis”
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a high pressure environment
- Complete production scale extraction, purification, and distillation of raw Cannabis material withing GMP guidlines
- Ensuring the effective execution of processing tasks within established company policy, procedures and requirements (Safety, Quality, Compliance)
- Work with an eye to continuous process improvement, while maintaining Standard Operating Procedures and GMP Standards.
- Understand and adhere to safe work practices and chemical handling in accordance with SDS and onsite OHS
- Production of specialized clinical product manufacturing within a world class facility
- Responsible for identifying, notifying, and suggesting solutions to the processing supervisor of any issues during manufacturing that deviate from the norm or can interfere with product quality
- Maintain high quality lab documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and SOPs
- Understand, comply with, and train junior operators in lab SWP, SJP, and overall safety awareness
- Daily housekeeping tasks in each processing room and common space within the Facility
- Support and tasks required for process and equipment improvement and validation
- Perform calibration and maintenance on laboratory instruments as required
- Ensure the proper disposal of all hazardous chemical waste
- Monitor the use and inventories of chemicals and processing supplies
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and education requirements
- Technical diploma (chemical, environmental or laboratory sciences) with laboratory experience of 1-2 years preferred or equivalent work experience.
- High level learning competencies in dynamic fast paced environment.
- Must have basic knowledge of chemical and mechanical terminology, equipment and materials
- Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with internal departments
- Highly capable of multi-tasking, with minimal supervision
- High level of critical thinking skills
- Able to interface directly with cross functional teams with a strong work ethic and positive team attitude