High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Secure Storage (Inventory) Lead – Petrolia, ON
The Inventory Control, Secure Storage Lead reporting to Inventory Control Supervisor will focus their efforts on all mentoring and leading Manufacturing Inventory activities both physically and in the ERP/MRP system. This role will manage inventory by performing general physical activities to load, unload, sort and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment and ensure that inventory in system is accurate and up to date daily. The Lead must be able to learn all related (Core Skills & Competencies) within 6 months of continuous employment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leads will foster and mentor the teams by training Secure Storage teams and maintain all Cannabis inventory by organizing, storing, weighing, retrieving and maintaining accurate stock inventories.
- Perform all inventory transactions in Acumatica for all movements of Cannabis.
- Ensure all QA samples taken are reflected immediately in Acumatica.
- Train, coach and mentor employees to oversee the secure and accurate loading, unloading, sorting and moving shipments both by hand and with the use of equipment.
- Picking and inspecting shipment contents, comparing physical weights, records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy of shipments.
- Lead and prepare documents, such as detailed material shipment records.
- Lead and perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing-off.
- The Lead will ensure inventory transactions are accurately logged and delivered to manufacturing processes in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Daily end of shift reconciliation in ERP system of all manufactured product.
- Issuing out of product for Quality checks trimming, sorting, milling and blending activities.
- Lead and perform weekly and monthly cycle counts in Acumatica to be forwarded to finance.
- Lead and examine inbound/outbound shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of shipments and inventory movements;
- Lead and mentor the Secure Storage team to receive and reconcile documentation including PO’s and MBR’s.
- Weigh and manage every bulk inventory container, ensuring accurate weights
- Apply labels to all Cannabis upon receipt.
- Update all WIP labels when movement occurs on any bulk package of Cannabis.
- Label and seal bulk packaged products according to SOPs. • Reconcile weights from dry room takedown and record in Acumatica.
- Prepare customer orders with a high attention to detail, within time guidelines.
- Ability to learn new processes.
- Ensure FIFO and GMP (Good Manufacturing Processes) are followed.
- Leads and maintains secure storage and pre-secure storage area, warehouse interior and exterior keeping the area neat and tidy and ensuring items are properly stored.
- Adhere to shipping and receiving policies/procedures, and regulatory compliance procedures;
- Complete daily shipping and receiving forms; and report discrepancies in documentation, shipments, deliveries to your immediate supervisor.
- The Lead continually works with the secure storage team on consolidation of Secure Storage material to optimize space.
- The Lead will have the ability to set and work within priorities to optimize process flow in manufacturing and receiving and shipping of materials.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of material handling (e.g. dollies, forklifts, hand trucks, jacks, pallet trucks and wrapping machinery) Minimum 2 years of relevant inventory management in ER/MRP systems.
- Strong math and analytical skills with a proven ability to read and interpret documents such as health and safety rules, shipping/receiving forms, shipping contracts, material safety data sheets, storage and handling recommendations, standard operating procedures, policy manuals.
- Ability to use a scale, repetitively maintaining high level of quality.
- Strong inventory and production management skills.
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications.
- Positive outlook, willingness to learn and contribute to company success.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to multitask while maintaining a high standard of safety protocols.
- Good Documentation Practices.
- Physically capable to stand, walk, bend and stoop to load and unload orders throughout a shift of work.
- Must be detail and accuracy-orientated, cooperative and a problem solver.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule of work, have a strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.