Trade Marketing Manager - Toronto, ON
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Director, Medical Brand, Marketing Trade Manager will be responsible for partnering with key stakeholders including senior executives at clinics, key accounts, hospitals, long term and palliative care centers to drive business objectives, appropriately leveraging Tilray’s entire portfolio of products, services and solutions.
Roles and responsibilities
- Identifying emerging or accelerating market trends and relevant insights to drive business opportunities with key accounts.
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the key accounts’ unmet and evolving needs.
- Understanding the decision-making, logistical and contracting processes within the accounts.
- Capturing short and long-term business opportunities based on in depth market and account understanding, including strategic priorities 3-5 years out.
- Defining, presenting and validating account objectives and KPIs with relevant business stakeholders.
- Developing account plans based on thorough understanding of the accounts’ goals and needs as well as competitive and business challenges.
- Defining a tailored Tilray value proposition linked to accounts’ needs using a cross-franchise approach.
- Lead the development and implementation of specific accounts nationally with a cross- functional team approach, sound account strategies and tactics and effective allocation of resources.
- Optimize product pull through in collaboration with all stakeholders with an eye on increasing physician prescribing, retaining patients and increasing referral rates, order size, patient retention and participation rates.
- Serving as the primary Tilray interface for all products and services, coordinating the efforts of all other functions/divisions towards the account for target stakeholders (such as senior executives).
- Conducting full product portfolio and value-based negotiation aimed at developing strategic collaborations. Identifies value differentiators linked to Tilray’s products and services.
- Managing the budget for solutions and services development.
- Conducts business review with accounts.
- Monitoring metrics and KPIs according to the tracking plan and re-shaping account strategy and operational activities based on learnings.
- Bachelor of business, science or in a related field.
- 5+ years of experience working in a customer-facing role including managing large accounts.
- Experience in the Health industry.
- Experience in negotiation & contract management.
- Previous experience working with hospital/clinic key stakeholders such as senior procurement, business development, hospital senior executives an asset.
- Understanding of local healthcare and reimbursement systems.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Business travelling requirements: 30%.