Continuing Health Education Manager - Toronto, ON
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Director, Medical Brand, the Continuing Health Education Manager will lead overall CHE plans and imperatives including conferences, advisory boards, hospital rounds and public forums. Constantly seek to discover new, innovative ways of reaching our target audience.
Develop strong outcome metrics for core initiatives and infield executional excellence.
Apply adult/organizational learning principles/Educational Interventions: Conduct, support and or apply educational learning principles in CHE/CE/CPD initiatives. Translate stakeholder’s needs against measurable objectives and expected outcomes, closing the care gap.
Foster a collaborative, continuous improvement system that meets the needs of the targeted audience as well as accreditation standards and Brand Imperatives.
Roles and responsibilities
- Continually upgrades medical knowledge of assigned Therapeutic areas of function. Ability to strategize on clinical & scientific value statements or real life data to a scientific and non-scientific audience.
- Identify and collaborate with external partners (Physician, Pharmacy and Patient groups) that enhance effective CHE/CPD initiatives and in line with our business values.
- Use measurement data to assess the performance of the CHE/CE/CPD interventions, behavior change and performance improvement.
- Lead and develop the CHE Strategies in line with the Brand Plan process. Design, plan and implement measurable CHE strategies, tactics and optimal format vehicles for elected Brand/ Therapeutic area. Align initiatives and CHE programs with external stakeholder’s needs as well as in line with elected Brand /strategic imperatives. Align with/without academic partners (CME Dean of University, CME Director of Scientific Societies, accrediting bodies and/or third party).
- Demonstrate skills in prioritizing (e.g., resources, time, suppliers, budget), obtain buy-in and support from stakeholders, and accurately assess as well as potential pitfalls in project development, including tracking of all related supporting documentation for accuracy.
- Manage multiple projects while being detail oriented. Manage multi tasks, work concurrently with numerous stakeholders at different levels.
- Develop networking skill to identify and cultivate relationship with external and internal stakeholders. Prepare and collaborate with internal and external customers (Brand, Faculty, Universities, and Associations) to deliver effective presentations, facilitate meetings or present value proposition to customers.
- Provide specific guidance and clear communications to stakeholders for impactful and optimal execution plans, aligned with cross function in field level roles and responsibilities.
- Drive continuous performance improvement strategy by leveraging appropriate measurement and evaluation strategies, evaluation data collection and interpretation.
- Support In-field teams in achieving their objectives in CHE programs delivery and /or thru additional opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with External Experts (EE's) and Health Care Professionals in line with the elected assigned Brand / therapeutic field.
- Demonstrate accreditation savvy; Build and maintain strong relationship and work closely with Educational Committee Leaders, Faculties in Universities or Scientific Societies in support for the CHE Center for Excellence. Use networking skills by demonstrate negotiation skills, management skills and contract negotiation with scientific societies, accreditation providers and suppliers.
- Ensure that all CHE initiatives meet the highest ethical standards, namely: Innovative Medicine Canada, National Accreditation Standards, Canadian Medical Association requirements, as well as internal policies to ensure programs meet ethics and compliance criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Science.
- Certification in CHE/CPD (CCPE) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Sales or Medical field base position experience.
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite and all related new technologies in relationship to the role and the work environment.
- Strong prior project management experience in health care industry. Strong, demonstrated skills in analysis, planning, implementation.
- In depth knowledge of biopharma and healthcare industry sector.
- Knowledge of Brand Team and cross function dynamics: Proactive attitude applied with solid interpersonal skills.
- Strong, demonstrated skills in analysis, planning, implementation.
- Knowledge of various National CHE environments, accrediting body and systems in Canada. Knowledge of various Ethical /IMC, CMA, standards dynamics and environment.
- Ability to adapt to a competitive and changing environment.
- Availability and willingness to travel within Canada or internationally. Valid driver’s license and passport are required.